• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your gaming history before coming to 3e?

What's your D&D history look like?

• 3e D&D was the first version of D&D I played (whether or not I've played other RPGs)

Votes: 24 6.8%
  • I started with 2nd edition AD&D, and now play 3e

Votes: 68 19.2%
  • I started with 1st edition AD&D (or earlier), moved to 2nd edition, and now play 3e

Votes: 147 41.5%
  • I started with 1st edition D&D (or earlier), [b]didn't[/b] play (or gave up on) 2nd edition, and now

Votes: 104 29.4%
  • I started with 1st or 2nd edition D&D (or earlier), and [b]still[/b] play the older edition instead

Votes: 11 3.1%

The Grey Dwarf

First Post
Basic/Expert (1981) - 1E (1983) - 2E(????) - 3E (2001)

+ Warhammer, Star Wars, L'oeil Noir, Gurps, MERP, Shadowrun and others I've forgotten.

I started a new campaign in 3E, something I hadn't done since 1E.

Sniktch

First Post
That almost looks like the path I took, GreyDwarf, at least in the beginning

1981 - Basic/Expert, several months later 1E
I played 2E when it came out but moved back to 1E and stayed there. This is also the time period when I played everything else under the sun, far too many different systems to list...

I came back to D&D with 3E, partly because one of my buddies kept showing me the previews in Dragon and I liked the look of the new system. Thanks, Shawn :)

Remove ads