• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your "Just Won't Die" thread?

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Knightfall1972 said:
Okay, so the question is, who amongst you has created a thread that just won't die, even if you wanted it to? Basically, this is the opposite of the threadkiller question. Story hours count, but most of the time, the author "wants" their story hour threads to stay alive.

Fortunately, none I've created.

However, any thread with "4E" in it is on my death wish list. :)

Edena of Neith's thread about a newbie's questions/comments on 3e seems to have legs. Good work, there!

How long, time-wise, did Horacio bump Sepulchrave's original Lady Despina's Virtue story hour? And every once in a while (though increasingly rarely), someone will discover it and post to it again.

Piratecat's story hour, which is all in one (freakin' massive) thread, is like that too. It's several years old, yes?

Crothian

First Post
Tinner said:
I just discovered yesterday that asking for information about Burning Wheel can sure fire a thread up!

Ya, I was going to link you to some old threads I have on Burning Wheel from early summer but it seems not needed.

diaglo

Adventurer
i retract my statement. i guess my story hour counts.

but we are still playing. this sunday in fact is our next session.

it is a several years old. and some members have long since departed. but the campaign goes on.

Harmon

First Post
The Worlds Largest Dungeon thread. One of my Players was obviously getting information from somewhere while I was running it, I saw the thread and checked it out. Two of the items I suspected where talked about in the first few pages I checked. The next weekend I killed the campaign, out a hundred bucks because I didn't want to run a campaign that all the factors were known.

The other one is- anything to do with Paladins. No one out there seems to have the same idea about running them and everyone seems to think their way is the only way and won't give in to the idea that 'maybe there is another way?'

diaglo

Adventurer
Harmon said:
The other one is- anything to do with Paladins. No one out there seems to have the same idea about running them and everyone seems to think their way is the only way and won't give in to the idea that 'maybe there is another way?'
there is no other way to run paladins or any other class/race/alignment/rule/mechanic/whatever in your campaign.

someone on a message board telling you how to run your campaign... doesn't change the fact that they aren't playing in your campaign.

Ferret

Explorer
Knightfall1972 said:
Okay, so the question is, who amongst you has created a thread that just won't die, even if you wanted it to? Basically, this is the opposite of the threadkiller question. Story hours count, but most of the time, the author "wants" their story hour threads to stay alive.

Below is my "Just Won't Die" thread.

The EN World FREE Character Portrait Request Thread!
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=281357#post281357
- running since 08-18-03

It was a good idea at the time. :\ Now its become a big green monster with its own life. :p Not that I'm saying it should be closed, but I NEVER thought it would last this long.

So, what your "Just Won't Die" thread?

Cheers!

KF72

And the monster thread had what, half a reply to it?

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Never had any. Feel left out. :(

Doesn't matter much to me though. Most of my questions get answered fairly quickly and none have been big enough to produce any great debates. I also haven't tried to do anything of the sort. If I really wanted to, I could create a thread like 'New items' or something and whether anyone else posts or not, I can occasionally post on it, preventing it from dying, but some might consider that cheating. *shrug*

Harmon

First Post
diaglo said:
there is no other way to run paladins or any other class/race/alignment/rule/mechanic/whatever in your campaign.

A thousand ways. I am willing to work with my Players, thing is that some EN Worlders seem to have to run them their way and will not listen to the idea that there maybe other ways.

diaglo said:
someone on a message board telling you how to run your campaign... doesn't change the fact that they aren't playing in your campaign.

Anyone can say what ever they want about my campaigns. I have seldom heard good things about my campaigns unless I ask.

As far as the boards- I learned something valuable about them October 16th, 2005 at 1127 this last year. Something that has changed the way I see people and these boards.

Remove ads