• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wheel of Chance arena:Oni vs Renau1g

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc: Scratch the last post. Oni, sorry, I forgot yo'd said you would use second chance. Ren, Joshua forced a re-roll on the Faceless, which didn't hit. Map's unchanged, but no hit, so no dmg and no slow. Sorry guys, posting is being painfully slow today and I just got distracted.

Oni

First Post
ooc: I don't know if missing would have had an effect on renau1g's subsequent choices, so I'll hold off until he says one way or the other so everything's fair.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I'll move to Y1, otherwise no change. Would I still have used my Orb's power? As it would only be activated on a hit, and the halfling forced the re-roll as an immediate interrupt...
[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
The halfling downed the contents of the vial he was holding and dropped it over the side of the walkway. Moving forward he paused for only a second before testing his luck on the spinning wheel. He stumbled as he moved onto it, but against the odds seemed to recover. Coming to the edge, he raised his wand and once more tried to press into other spellcaster's mind, eyes blazing.

[sblock=Atanatotatos]

Minor: Drink Potion of Clarity, spend the requisite healing surge.

Move: Attempt to move to O10.
Acrobatics: DC15 (1d20+7=11)
Use the Potion of Clarity.
Acrobatics: DC15 (1d20+8=22)
Gain Concealment from Shadow Walk

Standard: Eyebite: Chr vs Will (1d20+6+1=16)
Psychic Damage (1d6+5=11)

If that hit I'll spend and AP and move to N4
Stealth (1d20+10-5=12)

If not I'll just stay on the wheel

[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=oni]isn't your speed 5? You can't get to O10 so if I'm not mistaken Faceless is out of range.[/sblock]

[sblock=ren]obviously you keep the orb power since the hit effectively did not occur[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
[sblock=Atanatotatos]

Halflings have a base speed of 6 and leather armour shouldn't change that.

[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=oni] O_O WTH! I was utterly sure halflings had a speed of 5!!! I'm a bad DM... :embarassed:
Your position has changed because the platform rotates 180° each round[/sblock]

As the mind of the Faceless One is attacked, he feels a sharp pain in his head, and the halfling disappears from his view.

wheelofchance.png

The faceless one: -11 hps
Joshua: invisible

[sblock=ren,EDITED]you cannot see the halfling, but you perceive that he is probably on the northern platform, 50 or 60 feet from you[/sblock]

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
[sblock=Atanatotatos]

Though it may have been a poor move in retrospect, If i hit him I intended to spend an AP and move to N4 as per my earlier post.

Another question while I'm at it. Is there any penalty or risk in cutting the corners on the walkway? I.E. moving N2->O1 vs. moving N2->N1->O1.

[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=oni]Right. Well since you can't normally cut corners with completely occupied squares, I'd say it's a 5ft jump. Since it's certainly easier than 5ft proper, let's say there's no penalty for a standing jump[/sblock]

Remove ads