Wheel of Time Full Trailer is out *No Spoilers Please*

TheSword

Legend

So the 2 minute trailer is out for the Wheel of Time series, coming in November. It is looking bloody good! There are a few experienced actors in there I recognise, who I didnt know were in it, to support the newcomers.

Also I think theres no doubt that this is going to be high fantasy which is good. We dont often get that in our fantasy media. My gut feeling is this could one of the closest mainstream liveaction media productions to what we consider typical dungeons and dragons. A party of heroes starting at level 1 (With a couple of DM NPCS) travelling to defeat evil in a high fantasy campaign.

What are people's thoughts? Even if you don't like the books, would the trailer capture your interest enough to tempt you to watch it?

Last edited:

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Looks like its going to be right between The Witcher and Game of Thrones in terms of execution. An ok spot to be I suppose, guess we will see when it launches.

TheSword

Legend
I've just seen that James Buckley is doing the Soundtrack. I try not to expect to much from Trailer soundtracks as they can sometimes be totally different to the series... Game of Thrones being a good example, but this one did sound good.

James Buckly is a great composer though. The new Bourne film soundtrack was really good. Lots of action films in his portfolio. Interested to see if it has the softer side too, or if it will be all intense action...

Last edited:

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Interesting that they're really down-selling the role of Rand, Mat, and Perrin, at this point, and are instead emphasizing Egwene as a sort of "chosen one".

Looks specactular. Can't for wait for it

MarkB

Legend
this may be the wildest thing I've seen someone say about an upcoming fantasy adaptation in years.
Sorry, but I have no familiarity with the source material (I think I struggled through a chapter or two of the first novel a couple of decades ago), and the trailer just presents a load of generic faces and places without giving me any real clue as to who's important, who's the main character, whether anyone's likeable, or what the plot is about. Oh, except the villain's called "The Dark One", which is about the most generic fantasy villain name ever.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Nope. Just looks like loads and loads of characters in the Realms of Generica.

I don't actually care so much if the world is generic, if the characters are interesting people.

For me alone, it would depend on what other fantasy on the docket of stuff I'm watching at the time. My wife was a fan of the earlier books, but like many, didn't finish because he bogged himself down, so I expect she might be interested. And I'll give anything she likes at least a shot.

Remove ads