Wheel of Time Full Trailer is out *No Spoilers Please*

TheSword

Legend
What’s “deserve” got to do with it? Do people not “deserve” to be able to fully discuss art in public spaces?

I mean, no one in this thread has gone full “telling me it’s exciting is a spoiler” about it, but the whole mindset is just really…stifling.
You can have both, though. It’s possible for you to fully enjoy discussing something while warning people that what they are about to read may spoil surprises. There are some truly surprising twists in films, TV and books that are a pleasure to experience. Why would you want to stop people being able to enjoy that when there is an easy and simple solution. Give people the fair warning. 🤷🏻‍♂️
This really seems like an appropriate comparison, to you? Really!?

Talking about one of the most widely read fantasy series ever in an open manner is comperable to waving ones junk in strangers’ faces, to you? You don’t think that maybe the perspective is a bit off, there?
In so far as you’re taking away people choice not to see something in order to prioritize your own enjoyment in a very blatant and overt way. Then yes I think it’s a great comparison. Is it as serious? Of course not. But the principles the same.

I’m genuinely surprised at how unrepentant you are about spoilers. You always struck me as pretty empathic before. I can’t tell if you just woke up on the wrong side of the wrong side of the bed, or if you genuinely believe it’s cool to carelessly toss spoilers into an unrelated conversation for the fun of it/to assert yourself.

Last edited:

TheSword

Legend
The last books sold an awful lot of copies, though I'm sure the number who didn't finish is staggering.
I don’t think that is a terrible problem per se. Each book does stand in its own right… aside from maybe some of the third quarter of them.

It’s a bit like being able to enjoy the first three seasons of West Wing and losing interest at seasons 4 and 5. It doesn’t stop the first three being great TV shows. If you stick with it though (not a terrible chore but I guess there is a lot of TV out there) you get to see how great seasons 6 and 7, and thus the whole series, ends.

This is actually fair, if it's what they're going for. It's also something that the book did a terrible job of hiding.

"What, you mean the character with 75% of the POV chapters who is having weird visions is the Chosen One? What a shocking twist!"
It would definitely be easier to do so in a TV series compared to a book that has POV narration (instead of complete omniscient 3rd person narrator). I'm guessing (if this is their plan), howerver, that at best it will be hidden in plain sight, but I'm also guessing there will be those who will miss the clues completely until the moment of the big reveal.

Azuresun

Adventurer
Talking about one of the most widely read fantasy series ever in an open manner is comperable to waving ones junk in strangers’ faces, to you? You don’t think that maybe the perspective is a bit off, there?

You know, with all the time you've spent furiously justifying spoilers, you could have gone back clicked "edit" and added [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] about fifty times over by now.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I like most of the casting, except for Perrin. The actor they got for Perrin isn't anywhere near big or muscular enough to represent what Perrin was in the books. Perrin had an 18/00 strength or better and was very broad.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Huh, Nynaeve got POV in the first book? I didn't remember that, although she's easily the best female character in the series (at least early in the series). The dichotomy of being a bossy nanny who finds herself being bossed around quite suddenly is actually very fun, and she's one of the most assertive characters.

Tugs braid furiously!
Moiraine was always my favorite. Nynaeve was second.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I'd love to see a stat on how many start the series vs. read the whole thing. It starts of strong, and get progressively more writer indulgent. I couldn't finish it myself, even though I got like 7 books in.
That was the end or close to the end of where it bogged down. It becomes good again and that rises to very good when Sanderson takes over.

TheSword

Legend
In what book did Elaida enter the scene? I don't see her in the cast.
Elanda was in book one, the Caemlyn scenes. Though as Elayne isn’t cast in series one, I think this will be 20% of book one that gets pushed back to series two - which makes a lot of sense as it’s a whole slew of characters who are only in it for one chapter then we don’t see again for ages.

apparently series one will be 80% of book one, some of book two and then a couple of bits from book 3.

Remove ads