Wheel of Time Full Trailer is out *No Spoilers Please*

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Elanda was in book one, the Caemlyn scenes. Though as Elayne isn’t cast in series one, I think this will be 20% of book one that gets pushed back to series two - which makes a lot of sense as it’s a whole slew of characters who are only in it for one chapter then we don’t see again for ages.

apparently series one will be 80% of book one, some of book two and then a couple of bits from book 3.
Basil Gil is, though, and I thought that the castle encounter happened at the same time. Hmm.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I’m genuinely surprised at how unrepentant you are about spoilers. You always struck me as pretty empathic before. I can’t tell if you just woke up on the wrong side of the wrong side of the bed, or if you genuinely believe it’s cool to carelessly toss spoilers into an unrelated conversation for the fun of it/to assert yourself.
“Unrepentant” requires that spoilers be ethically wrong. They aren’t. The assumed motivations here also assume things about the topic which I strongly disagree with.
You know, with all the time you've spent furiously justifying spoilers, you could have gone back clicked "edit" and added [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] about fifty times over by now.
I don’t have anything to put in spoiler tags. I wasn’t the person that spoiled a thing, starting this argument.

TheSword

Legend
Basil Gil is, though, and I thought that the castle encounter happened at the same time. Hmm.
It does. That’s also where Loial makes his entrance. So a pretty crucial piece. I think they may save Elayne for the white Tower. Not sure what bits they might pull forward. Plus there seems to be a whole Logain piece that looks to have been added.

There’s still lots to keep fans guessing.

TheSword

Legend
“Unrepentant” requires that spoilers be ethically wrong. They aren’t. The assumed motivations here also assume things about the topic which I strongly disagree with.
Not ethically wrong. Just selfish and rude.
I don’t have anything to put in spoiler tags. I wasn’t the person that spoiled a thing, starting this argument.
Well you did share spoilers for several things… Starwars, Battlestar Gallactica, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings... just not related to Wheel of Time. Hence my claim you doing it either to make a joke or make a point. I’m not sure why else you would have said those things? 🤷🏻‍♂️

@Gradine said it best. This all falls under that category of “don’t be a jerk.”

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
Quit on this after three books. Not enough good ideas. Too long winded. I have Prime so I'll look at it. Hopefully the series writers condensed everything into something more dynamic.

TheSword

Legend
Quit on this after three books. Not enough good ideas. Too long winded. I have Prime so I'll look at it. Hopefully the series writers condensed everything into something more dynamic.
14 books down into 7 seasons. I don’t see how they can not.

I reckon the first four or five books might be done over 3 seasons and then everything else over the rest as the first books are definitely more action packed.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
14 books down into 7 seasons. I don’t see how they can not.

I reckon the first four or five books might be done over 3 seasons and then everything else over the rest as the first books are definitely more action packed.
Both ends of the series are. It's the middle that bogged down. More started happening a book or so before Sanderson took over and during his books.

doctorbadwolf

Not ethically wrong. Just selfish and rude.
Same thing, afaic.
Well you did share spoilers for several things… Starwars, Battlestar Gallactica, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings... just not related to Wheel of Time. Hence my claim you doing it either to make a joke or make a point. I’m not sure why else you would have said those things? 🤷🏻‍♂️
“Make a point” and “assert yourself” are very different motivations.
@Gradine said it best. This all falls under that category of “don’t be a jerk.”
And I disagree.

doctorbadwolf

It's okay to be wrong.

People have asked there to be no spoilers. Continuing to spoil in spite of them = being a jerk.

And being a jerk sucks.
Not every ask is reasonable. Someone referred to me talking about Vader’s reveal in Empire as a spoiler! That is completely out of alignment with reality. It’s a nearly 50 year old movie!

WoT isn’t quite that venerable, sure, but it ain’t new and it’s one of the most critically acclaimed and widely read fantasy properties out there. Discussing it without worrying about spoilers is normal social behavior.

Remove ads