• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wheel of Time?

papastebu

First Post
Has anyone seen or heard of the release date(s) for the final book(s) in this bloated trilogy? I have been re-reading practically everything in my library recently, and have just gotten to The Shadow Rising. Failing a release date, does anyone have any info, such as an official site, or maybe links to interviews with Jordan? I found one by accident one night, but it proved to be about two to three yeras old.

LightPhoenix

First Post
The best I could find on a short search was early 2009 (Forbes, through Wikipedia), with the caveat that his illness may extend that. Nothing on the major fansites or Usenet.

papastebu

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Wheel of Time is a trilogy?
In much the same way that LotR is a trilogy, yes. Which is to say, not at all. More similar in that way, actually, to The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which is to say, again, not at all. I was being facetious--pronounced; fas-seh-tee-us, for those not in the know--and, in my own defense--who would, otherwise?--I did say "bloated" to connotate "overlarge", or the like. ;)
Thanks for the link and the info, ya'll. If anyone wishes to use this thread to update information about the series or the author, or to satisfy someone else's curiosity, feel free.

Last edited:

kingpaul

First Post
papastebu said:
In much the same way that LotR is a trilogy, yes. Which is to say, not at all.
But Lord of the Rings is a trilogy: Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King
papastebu said:
I was being facetious--pronounced; fas-seh-tee-us, for those not in the know
This has it fuh-see-shuhs

Dioltach

Legend
Alaric_Prympax said:
IIRC The Wheel of Time series was originally a 4 book deal, than it kept getting expanded. I forgot were I got that information though. :(

I was once at an interview/book signing thing with Robert Jordan (around the time of Vol.9, I think), and he mentioned that when he was selling the idea to the publishers he said it wasn't going to be a trilogy (which at the time was the standard format for fantasy epics), but "four or five volumes". Ha!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads