• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wheel of Time?

Ranger REG

Explorer
Alaric_Prympax said:
IIRC The Wheel of Time series was originally a 4 book deal, than it kept getting expanded. I forgot were I got that information though. :(
So it was initially a quadrology. One more volume than a trilogy.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I thought that WoT read as though it was a single book which was very successful and as a result got expanded into 2-3-4-5+ additional books.

The first book seemed to work fine as a standalone novel in many ways.

papastebu

First Post
kingpaul said:
But Lord of the Rings is a trilogy: Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King

This has it fuh-see-shuhs

Regardless of how you slice the Lord of the Rings, it really can't be considered a trilogy unless you are just determined to do so, in which case, it's perfectly alright to call it that. As to the proper pronunciation of the word facetious, I am well aware of it, and was only responding to Ranger REG's ribbing with a little tongue-in-cheekery of my own. I actually got the other pronunciation years ago from my youngest sister, who, having never heard the word, but being both prodigious and voracious in her reading, attempted to say it anyway in my hearing. Me being older than her by seven years and some change, I immediately started giving her a ration of s :) :) t about it, and the situation made it stick in my mind.

More on topic, this is my third re-reading of WoT, as it stands, with the exception of the last three books. Do any of you think that Jordan carried Nynaeve's limitation with the One Power through too many of the books? I could have done without that. I kept saying, "All right, get over it, already, so Rand can cleanse saidin." I love the thoroughness of the world the man created, but I feel like certain things like Nynaeve's situation could have been pared down a bit. There's a point when plot-driving tension becomes irritated waiting, to me, and I was wondering if Jordan had crossed that line with anyone else.
Incidentally, was it Lan who actually threw her into the drink? I was never clear on that. It may be revealed when I read that part again, but I missed it the first time round, so...

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
papastebu said:
Do any of you think that Jordan carried Nynaeve's limitation with the One Power through too many of the books? I could have done without that. I kept saying, "All right, get over it, already, so Rand can cleanse saidin." I love the thoroughness of the world the man created, but I feel like certain things like Nynaeve's situation could have been pared down a bit. There's a point when plot-driving tension becomes irritated waiting, to me, and I was wondering if Jordan had crossed that line with anyone else.
I was enthralled with WoT through the first few books. I gave up after book 7 because I felt like things had ground to a near standstill and was tired of the way certain plot points seemed ripe for closure, but didn't actually close.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads