D&D (2024) When are we getting the second playtest document?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah, I get that. Unfortunately, that's NOT going to work to please just about anyone who wants the mixed races to exist. I agree with you that it maybe should, but it won't. You and I don't have to worry about that, but WotC does.
Sure, but I thinknthey may have already done the calculus.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
That does not make sense with what they outright told use the UA's would be.
They said subsequent UAs would be smaller and more focused than the first one, without as much rules content (so each one notably less than 21 pages, max). And there will be about a year's worth according to their initial plan, so about enough for one Class a month. They didn't say much else.

They said subsequent UAs would be smaller and more focused than the first one, without as much rules content (so each one notably less than 21 pages, max). And there will be about a year's worth according to their initial plan, so about enough for one Class a month. They didn't say much else.
They outright said they were going to focus on Spells, DM material, Monsters, and other things.

Vael

Legend
Tasha's never did more than 2 at a time, and that UA was on a much tighter timeline, I would expect probably just 1.

Possibly, I guess it depends how much work has been done. If it is going to be one at a time, I still think WotC should give priority to the 4 I named because they've had more issues, so more time to playtest and work on them would be a good idea.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
No word yet on what it will contain either, though some folks have speculated that they might be doing one class per packet, based on the fact that one class per packet once a month or so would line up with the 12 to 18 months time frame.
I like that speculation is all over the map on this, from your comment here all the way to the comments directly above mine.

I think we will get groups of classes, to give testing time to process, and leave some buffer time in case anything bombs.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I like that speculation is all over the map on this, from your comment here all the way to the comments directly above mine.

I think we will get groups of classes, to give testing time to process, and leave some buffer time in case anything bombs.
Well, the buffer time is what Crawford is allowing for if the playtest goes past a year, up to 18 months...which would lineup with doing a Class a month with the expectation that a redo might be needed.

But we'll see the shape of it soon enough, and groupings like Tasha would make sense.

Remove ads