When Did Rome Fall?

According to some loon on Tik Tok Rome never existed.
"History TikToker Sparks Debate Saying Ancient Rome 'Didn't Exist'" History TikToker sparks debate saying Ancient Rome 'didn't exist'

I still remember in my ancient history class we had a student who gave a presentation on how ancient Egypt was created by aliens (and this was before all those ancient aliens shows). The professor explained the evidence against the idea (basically saying it wasn't true) but I have to say, it was very engaging and entertaining even if I found it a wildly inaccurate explanation. Also the student took the instructor's dismantling of his presentation pretty well (overall it was a very friendly and light hearted exchange: I am sure the guy still believes this stuff but he was a good sport about peoples' reactions).

Zardnaar

Legend
I still remember in my ancient history class we had a student who gave a presentation on how ancient Egypt was created by aliens (and this was before all those ancient aliens shows). The professor explained the evidence against the idea (basically saying it wasn't true) but I have to say, it was very engaging and entertaining even if I found it a wildly inaccurate explanation. Also the student took the instructor's dismantling of his presentation pretty well (overall it was a very friendly and light hearted exchange: I am sure the guy still believes this stuff but he was a good sport about peoples' reactions).

The idea has been around since the late 60's/70's.

Pseudohistorical book called Chariots of the Gods.

The idea has been around since the late 60's/70's.

Pseudohistorical book called Chariots of the Gods.

He mentioned that in the presentation (I remember him referring to the Chariots of the Gods). My point was just it wasn't as frequently encountered back then (and people didn't instantly conjure up a picture of the 'aliens' guy when it did come up).

Ryujin

Legend
He mentioned that in the presentation (I remember him referring to the Chariots of the Gods). My point was just it wasn't as frequently encountered back then (and people didn't instantly conjure up a picture of the 'aliens' guy when it did come up).
"Chariots of the Gods" was a massive thing, back in the late '60s/early '70s. You couldn't turn around without seeing another book that was riffing from it, or a TV show that was talking about it. This went on for several years and the sequel, "Gods From outer Space" in the late '70s started it all up again. I think that I was all of 7 when I first read "Chariots" and, even then, my eyes were rolling :ROFLMAO:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
It's odd what people will believe. Aliens, flat earth, Finland is fake, Australia doesn't exist, JFK Jr. is alive and what comes with that.

GreyLord

Legend
It's odd what people will believe. Aliens, flat earth, Finland is fake, Australia doesn't exist, JFK Jr. is alive and what comes with that.
Do we ever find people in Australia who claim Australia doesn't exist. That could be fun the watch/hear.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases