• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

When I die, bury me with my dice!

shilsen said:
You can do whatever the heck you want with my body, whether it's burying it, cremating it, feeding it to the dog, mummifying it as a conversation piece for the English department lounge, etc.

...WHATEVER they want? That's a scary thought...IYNWIMAITYD

Sleepy Voiced

First Post
One of my best friends died a few years ago, in fact he was the person who brought me into the AD&D fold (I had been in the basic-D&D camp prior). One of his characters' sheets was put in the casket with him (I think some dice as well, but I'm not so sure). He was cremated, some of the ashes were put on a model viking longship and set alight, the rest buried in a beerstein outside the cabin where we would have weeklong D&D marathons (ah, high-school summers). Hope that wasn't depressing, just seemed on-topic.
Me, placed upright in a giant bowling pin and the funeral attendees get too try and bowl me into the grave, y'know, classy like.

Yalius

First Post
Before I die, I'll swallow a whole bag of dice, then donate my body to OHSU medical school. I just wish I could see the look on the faces when they're cutting me open.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I plan on having long since given (or at least posthumously willed) my gaming supplies to my grandchildren, so there won't be any left. Beyond that, I want to be cremated, since I fear zombification.

Of course, all of this is my backup just in case I fail to attain immortality...

xrpsuzi

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
Well, I'm with the burning crowd. I know it's not all popular, but I see cremation as the way to go. I can have my friends put it all in a pile and fire it up! All the while, in the background, Iron Maiden's song, "Running Free", should be playing at full blast. Until the police get there, as I want this in a large, public park. Heck, maybe Millenium Park. Then they can play Iron Maiden's song, "Run to the Hills". :lol:

Man... you're a maiden head too?
I say cremation to the entire power slave album, with much emphasis on "I don't want to die. I'm a god. Why can't I live on?"

Can I donate my dice to science? I have one set that roll remarkable well, so maybe they can discover new theorems on probability....

Galethorn

First Post
I'd go with having my corpse used by the Mongolian Horde as a plague-carrying projectile to infect the defenders in a city, but that's a bit picky and unlikely...

So, I think the best solution would be the viking burrial; on a flaming longship, pushed out to sea, with a full crew. Hey, I'll already be dead, so if anybody is dumb enough to climb onboard, it's their own fault.

Seriously, though, I think cremation is a much better option than what they do to bodies before burying them these days in the US.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
we could for really odd and have one's bones carved into dice and then given away to your surviving gamer friends.....

Gez

First Post
francisca said:
They can donate my eyes to science, then put a couple of Zocchi "Gem Dice" d20s in my eye sockets, with a couple of 25mm figures on my face trying to pull them out.

Then you can add me to that thread with all the 1e PHB tributes.

What about instead extracting all teeth and replacing them by smaller cristal dice? Then have the skull lie in a small niche atop several rotting scrolls and wands... You need a family crypt for that, but becoming a gaming demilich is worth it!

MrFilthyIke

First Post
They can donate my eyes to science, then put a couple of Zocchi "Gem Dice" d20s in my eye sockets, with a couple of 25mm figures on my face trying to pull them out.

Then you can add me to that thread with all the 1e PHB tributes.

What about instead extracting all teeth and replacing them by smaller cristal dice? Then have the skull lie in a small niche atop several rotting scrolls and wands... You need a family crypt for that, but becoming a gaming demilich is worth it!

Both of these great options *scribbling notes*

;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads