• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

When LONE WOLF's Joe Dever Met TABLETOP'S Wil Wheaton

One item available at Gen Con was the new Lone Wolf Adventure Game from Cubicle 7. Creator Joe Dever encountered Wil Wheaton at the Cubicle 7 booth when the latter appeared to buy a copy of the game, although he didn't know it at the time! He kindly sent along this photograph and a short description.

One item available at Gen Con was the new Lone Wolf Adventure Game from Cubicle 7. Creator Joe Dever encountered Wil Wheaton at the Cubicle 7 booth when the latter appeared to buy a copy of the game, although he didn't know it at the time! He kindly sent along this photograph and a short description.

Wil_Wheaton&Joe_Dever.jpg

"One of the many Lone Wolf fans I met at Gen Con turned out to be none other than Wil Wheaton (Star Trek Next Gen, Stand By Me, The Guild, Toy Soldiers, Big Bang Theory). You can tell by the look on Wil’s face just how big a Lone Wolf fan he is. He’s also a genuinely nice guy and we had a long chat about the Lone Wolf game books (he has them all) and the new Lone Wolf Adventure Game.

I must admit that I was unaware of who he was when he visited the Cubicle 7 booth on the Saturday and, with hindsight, I'm glad I didn't know anything about him and his über-geek reputation. Our conversation was great as he's very knowledgeable about Lone Wolf (having read all the books) and we had an in-depth discussion about the minutiae of the series and the world. It was only after our long chat, and him buying one of the last remaining copies of LWAG, that everyone came rushing over to say: "Do you know who that is?!!!". I didn't then... but I do now!"

The Lone Wolf Adventure Game was a successful Kickstarter, based in the well-known world of Magnamund which was the setting for Joe Dever's bestselling Lone Wolf game books in the 1980s and 90s. You can get it from Cubicle 7 here.

[video=youtube;p9qM826P0ys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9qM826P0ys[/video]

LostandDamned

First Post
Joe's Lone Wolf was great reading back when I was a lad, I had several of them, they were much more technical then the Fighting Fantasy series, which I kinda liked, Between Joe and the artist who did the artwork Gary Chalk and Livingstone & Jacksons FF and early Games Workshop work, Fantasy gaming of any type would not likely have taken hold in the UK like it has, for history on those early days of RPGs and Wargaming in the UK, check out this blog realmofchaos80s.blogspot.co.uk

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads