When Rick & Morty Play D&D It Goes As You'd Expect!

There's a new cross-over comic in town, which pits Rick and Morty against D&D! Releasing today, it's by Patrick Rothfuss and Jim Zub, with art from Troy Little, and features Morty asking Rick for help learning Dungeons & Dragons.

There's a new cross-over comic in town, which pits Rick and Morty against D&D! Releasing today, it's by Patrick Rothfuss and Jim Zub, with art from Troy Little, and features Morty asking Rick for help learning Dungeons & Dragons.

rick-and-morty-dungeons-dragons-01-pr-1-1130385.jpg

In the comic, the heroes end up in a real fantasy adventure (of course). You can read the first few pages over at comic book.com.

"When Morty needs to learn how to play D&D to keep up with the cool kids, his hard-drinking, old school-gaming, mad science-making grandpa is happy to teach him how to roll the dice, but neither of them is prepared for the saving throws they're about to fail or the true quest yet to come. Strap on a +1 longsword and grab your 10-foot pole, because this is going to be a gaming gauntlet like no other!"

EN World's own darjr snagged a copy, and shared a photo of his spoils - or, more precisely, a certain character sheet contained within the pages.

40351968_1870788819669124_6995891895662542848_n.jpg

Mercurius

Legend
It does seem like Rothfuss is doing everything he can to avoid finishing that next book. My sense is that he's also gotten caught up in the celebrity factor.

Or maybe he and GRRM are playing a game of "fantasy author chicken."

Rothfuss: Wise Man's Fear, March 1, 2011 (7 years, 6 months and counting)
GRRM: A Dance with Dragons, July 12, 2011 (7 years, 1 month and counting)

Matesamo

Explorer
I have never watched Ricky & Morty but this comic was pretty funny. The old school initiation was the best, looking forward to the next issue. Maybe time to watch the show as well.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
Typical that the thread gets :):):):)ing hijacked by speculation on Rothfus and GRRM...

Anyway, 2 of my favorite brands get together and have a Cronenberg brand-baby.

You can see its a labor of love of all things D&D; read it and it was hilarious, exactly what I expected. Cant wait for issue 2.

Remove ads

Remove ads