When will ENW sell out?

Kzach

Banned
Banned
So, yet another one of my hobby fan sites has sold out to a big corporate entity. This is the... umm... sixth one in the last two years. And each one has slowly turned into massive suck as the corporate interests began inevitably weaselling their agenda into the operation of the website.

I've never understood quite why they do this given that they paid good money for a website that was built based on an entirely different and incompatible agenda, but regardless I've seen it happen six times and it's almost as if each company is operating using the same manual because it's like a verbatim script being read as to how things change on the sites over time.

My question, therefore, is when is Morrus going to sell ENW for the big bucks?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The biggest barrier to that happening is that it's worth more to me than it would be to a corporation.

Last edited:

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
I'm glad to hear that. I'd hate to see ENWorld significantly change. It's the best and most polite site I've come across. And when 4E was coming out, this was "THE" place for news. Nobody had better info. I hope it's the same as 5E comes out.:)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Morrus, I have a $25 In-N-Out gift certificate with your name on it, that I'm willing to trade for ENWorld. I may even be willing to throw in a slightly used Pirate Smurf.

I look forward to taking over the site.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Morrus, I have a $25 In-N-Out gift certificate with your name on it, that I'm willing to trade for ENWorld. I may even be willing to throw in a slightly used Pirate Smurf.

I look forward to taking over the site.

Oh, if only I had the faintest idea what an In-N-Out was, you might have a deal!

drothgery

First Post
Ah, a burger chain on another continent? I think I'll pass! :D
And mostly on the part of that continent that's farthest from you, too (they're pretty rare outside of California). But they're generally regarded as really, really good burgers (even if the one time I was at one, it wasn't so great).

Remove ads