Whence Heroes Rise

Rune

Once A Fool
The world stirs, for it is restless. Life seeks normalcy, even as the fires of entropy seek to consume and sunder. Yet, there is one constant that can ever be counted on.

All things change, and not always for the worst.

Thus begins our tale.

Rune

Once A Fool
Prelude

There is no doubt that the letter that the letter Gavin holds was penned by Chadsworth. The handwriting is his, as is the seal.

[sblock=It reads:]Sire, I have procured for you lodging at the Beaming Hearth. It is here that I recommend your search begin. I have a matter to look into regarding the same, but should return in time to meet you when you arrive in Hengistbury.

Your humble servant,
Chadsworth
[/sblock]

Well, here you are. But where is he?

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool
Prelude

No ordinary day, this. It's not so unusual for Brand Torek to have his niece, Adriane, deliver messages to his deputies. The nature of Hector's assignment, though...

[sblock=The message:]Hector, I am in the countryside today, in pursuit of a brigand of sorts.

There is an elf in town, the source of much speculation and mystery. If rumors are to be believed...

I need you to keep an eye on him, for his sake--or the town's.

--Brand Torek.[/sblock]

Rune

Once A Fool
Prelude

There is a subtle shift in the ley lines that always tug at Panstyfants. Somehow, they seem to have altered course, ever so slightly.

There is a new convergence, here in the Bleeding Heart. It draws you in, but what can it mean?

Rune

Once A Fool
Beginning

The Bleeding Heart Tavern (formerly the Beaming Hearth, before some prankster vandalized the sign) is mostly quiet at this time of day.

Three-Fingered Jake tells his tales of the distant deeds of heroes and the villains that make them. The pig farmer, Penner, half-listens, idly. In a lonely corner, Gavin Morrigan writes words he will never share. A cute little pixie, Freya, sits with Hunchbacked Roland (who is neither of these things) seeing little else but him. Hunchbacked Roland is not looking at her. Instead, he stares intently at Panstyfants.

Through the tables weaves the barmaid, Meredith, somehow deftly aware of her surroundings, even as her mind wanders someplace far away. It all seems so mundane, but the air feels charged with change.

You have been drawn together.

Last edited:

Bloody Feather

First Post
Pancyfants

When Meridith approaches my table I'll ask: "My dear, may I please have one order of the house's best food and drink, with a small side of comfort in the way of information? Do you see the large fellow in the corner giving me his fullest attention? What do you know about him, should I be concerned?"

Pancyfants is very polite when speaking to Meridith, and will try to avoid eye contact with Hunchback Roland. If eye contact is made, He will smile politely and wave.

I was thinking that I wouldn't need a wager for this interaction because I'm just using the power of manners. But if you feel a wager is needed to make the outcome positive, then I'll Use my Elven racial traits at one token.

Rune

Once A Fool
Meredith responds, "Huh? Oh, he works for Kalle Sirkesalo. You know, the wizard. Gets him supplies and stuff. Funny thing, though. He doesn't really hang around in here."

Then she changes her tone abruptly, as if she suddenly realized she had let her guard down. "I'll go get you your order." The words are barely audible.

Bloody Feather

First Post
Pancyfants

Very well then, when she returns with my order I'll have Meridith send a pint of ale over to him, along with the message that I noticed he seems interested in me, I am interested in his employer, and that we should have a talk. Of course, I'll pay the tab as well. When Meridith gives him the beer I'll judge from his reaction if I should run or await his response.

Rune

Once A Fool
Hunchbacked Roland gets up abruptly, leaving the drink untouched. With a scowl, he strides toward the door. The pixie looks troubled for a brief moment and then flits after.

Bloody Feather

First Post
Pancyfants

How rude! I'll leave the ale for the drunkards and finish my meal. Once I'm done, I'll wait for Meridith to bus the table, when she does I'll ask about Kalle Sirkesalo, the information I'm looking for is just boiler plate stuff, things like location and reputation. If she still wants to play space cadet and not answer any of my questions then I'll try some of the other patrons. Perhaps that ranger with the noble bearing...

Remove ads