Whence Heroes Rise

Rune

Once A Fool
Meredith seems very uncomfortable with the prospect of getting mixed up in the affairs of wizards and becomes very evasive. Which other patrons would you like to strike up a conversation with? Both Penner and Three-Fingered Jake are eyeing the untouched ale you bought for Roland with calculating glances.

Bloody Feather

First Post
Pancyfants

Never underestimate a good bard. I'll pass the beer to Three-Fingered Jake and tell him about what happened with Roland. I'll try to get the same info from him that I was trying to get from Roland and Meridith. But as a show of good will, before I began talking about anything like that, I'll introduce myself with the beer, and a handful of coppers. The coppers aren't for information, they are for a song, any song he wishes to share. Whether I like it or not, I will act like his performance was great to appease his ego, and get on his good side.

doghead

thotd
Hector Weiss

Hector scratches his head and slowly re-reads the message. He has only recently returned from a hunt, so the news of the arrival is new to him. Hector wonders where Brand got his information about the elf, and when the Warden started talking like a bard reciting an epic. He gives Adriane a puzzled look.

"Did Brand say anything else?"

Once he has learnt anything Adriane can add, Hector heads off to find the elf.

It does not take Hector long; not so much due to his awesome tracking skills, but because the elf is at the Bleeding Heart, which is one of the first places Hector visits to ask around.

Meredith points out the elf sitting with Three Fingered Jake.

Well, that was easy.

The only down side is that Hector is pretty sure the elf saw Meredith pointing him out for Hector.

Hector crosses the open room and takes a seat at the table.

"Jake," Hector says by way of greeting to the bard before turning to the elf "Hello. My name is Hector. Welcome to Hengistbury. What brings you to these parts?"

Rune

Once A Fool
Before Hector leaves, Adriane responds to his query, "Nope. He was very mysterious this morning."

Just as you reach the door, she adds, "I did see something strange the other day, though. It kinda creeped me out a little bit. I was up in Thornbury and I could swear I saw something scaly staring at me from behind a building. Maybe it has something to do with that?" It almost sounds as if she wants to believe she imagined the whole thing.

In the Bleeding Heart, Three-Fingered Jake sings his song:

'Tis a tale both sad and true,
Lost to time and known by few.

Harken well and sorrow know.

Lord Pemberton of yesteryore
Lost his heart to Elanour.

Tragic seeds doth sorrow sow.

Imprisoned by angry wife
To give birth but never life.

Two hearts wronged will sorrow grow.

A witch burned but then returned
To drive away with vengeance earned,

For whither else can sorrow go?

Where love and treasure linger still,
In Brockendale entombed until

Hardened hearts can sorrow show.

Once done, Jake seems ready to talk, but before Panstyfants can ask him anything, Hector approaches and sits down.

doghead

thotd
Hector Weiss - Interlude with Adriane

Before Hector leaves, Adriane responds to his query, "Nope. He was very mysterious this morning."

Hector considers what Adriane just said, but doesn't respond. He is not really sure what to make of it.

Just as you reach the door, she adds, "I did see something strange the other day, though. It kinda creeped me out a little bit. I was up in Thornbury and I could swear I saw something scaly staring at me from behind a building. Maybe it has something to do with that?" It almost sounds as if she wants to believe she imagined the whole thing.

Hector stops at the door. Now Adriane isn't a person to be spooked by a mere lizard or even a common snake. And if she thought that it was such a creature, she would have said so. Hector thought about what the Warden was trying to teach him. No point asking people about what they don't know. Work with what they give you.

"Well, that sure is a possibility, Miss Adriane."

Adriane is a bright and bonnie lass who has the effect of making Hector feel dull and awkward. As a result, he finds himself being even more formal with her than normal.

"If it is not too much trouble, Miss Adriane, perhaps you would take a moment to remember the moment you saw something. It helps if you close your eyes. Describe where you were, and what you were looking at when you saw something.

"No need to fret about telling me what you think it was. But you said it was creepy. Creepy in what way? In size? Colour? Shape? The way it moved? The eyes perhaps?"

[sblock=OOC]Don't really know if Adriane is a "bright and bonnie lass". But I kind of have a feeling that she might be. Let me know if I missed the mark and I can edit to reflect.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool
Adriane caught more of a feeling than a glimpse. All she could tell Hector was that, whatever it was, she is pretty sure it was about the size of a small child.

doghead

thotd
Hector Weiss - Interlude with Adriane

Adriane caught more of a feeling than a glimpse. All she could tell Hector was that, whatever it was, she is pretty sure it was about the size of a small child.

"Thank you Miss Adriane. Well, I suppose that I had better be getting about my work now. But I will look into what you have told me and get back to you if I find anything."

With that Hector takes his leave and heads off to find this 'elf' character.

[sblock=OOC]So, assuming that it wasn't just a kid in a mask or some such, the obvious candidates would be a goblin or kobold, some sort of fey creature ... maybe. Are these sorts of creatures common, uncommon, rare, the stuff of legend? What would Hector know? Thikn that I might chuck a token in on this one. Need to go back and read the rules I think ...[/sblock]

Rune

Once A Fool
Goblins, kobolds, and the like are certainly legend to most locals. If you think one of your attributes might give you a more skilled assessment, go ahead and make your case and your bid.

sehmerus

First Post
Gavin

Gavin enters the establishment, careful to only sit in the clean seat . (if no seat is clean he will pull a handkerchief from his side pouch and drape it over the seat before sitting.) He then puts 2 gold pieces on the table, and raises his hand for a server. When the server arrives He will toss one of the gold to the server with a comment about "this is for you" and then flips then pushes the other coin sliding it to the other side of the table. "and this is for my drink. Elven Wine Please... and I DO prefer the Blue kind!" when the server leaves he will tip his hat over his head and kick his feet up on the opposite chair and begin to pretend to be sleeping while waiting for chadsworth.

Rune

Once A Fool
The wine that Meredith brings Gavin is not blue, but crimson and cloudy. It smells vaguely of pears, but is drier than the fragrance suggests.

As Meredith passes by again, she says, "Can I get you anything, Gavin?" The person she is addressing is not you, however; it is the man writing in the corner.

You wait, but Chadsworth does not appear.

Remove ads