Where be the single-classed goodness?

Which of these would you play purely single-classed?

Remathilis

Legend
Actually, I'm shocked too.

I'm currently playing in a game where wizards lose there 2 spells/level in there spellbooks for advancing in a PrC to be used as a balancing factor, and if we could balance other classes like that, we would.

I mean, if you don't have a love of familiars, what does a sorcerer lose? A wizard would just lose 2 bonus feats. Clerics lose 10 levels of turning (not too useful in undead lite games, still can use divine feats). You can go forward even further; what 10 level martial PrC is worth equal or less than 5 fighter feats?

I voted for (and naturally assumed) only classes which had class abilities that advanced nearly every level (and capped out at things PrCs can't do easily). would be winning, not wizard or cleric...

Mycanid

First Post
Interesting that Cleric, Wizard and DRUID (?!) are the most vote getters.

I voted Druid and Monk myself, but did not expect so many to agree on the Druid thing.

Thanee

First Post
Remathilis said:
Clerics lose 10 levels of turning ...

Assuming the PrC has all the other cleric goodness, which only exceptionally few PrC (like the Radiant Servant) actually do.

As for the druid... is there even one PrC, that advances everything they get? Good saves, decent BAB, good hp, good skills, spells, wildshape, and some nice special abilities. They already have everything. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Remathilis

Legend
Thanee said:
Assuming the PrC has all the other cleric goodness, which only exceptionally few PrC (like the Radiant Servant) actually do.

As for the druid... is there even one PrC, that advances everything they get? Good saves, decent BAB, good hp, good skills, spells, wildshape, and some nice special abilities. They already have everything. ;)

Bye
Thanee

The only two I can think of is Radian Servant and Sacred Exorcist. I think Exorcist of Silver Flame is 1/2 progession (checked: Yup).

Still, wizards can go into Loremaster, Mage of Arcane Order, or Archmage and not give up a single thing except a few sub-standard feat choices and familiars.

Sorcerers get it easier; familiar benefits, thats all. Is that a class boon (easy to mc/prc) or a hindrance (nothing to keep you in it?)

jcfiala

Explorer
Remathilis said:
Still, wizards can go into Loremaster, Mage of Arcane Order, or Archmage and not give up a single thing except a few sub-standard feat choices and familiars.

Sorcerers get it easier; familiar benefits, thats all. Is that a class boon (easy to mc/prc) or a hindrance (nothing to keep you in it?)

There doesn't seem to be much, power-wise, to keep a wizard in the wizard class, I agree. I voted for the Rogue (among others) because they get abilities pretty constantly up to 20th level - a high level rogue connecting with a sneak attack can be a scary explosion of dice.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Druid - not only is it very versitile and makes logical sense for wilderness adventuring but it also fits the "single-class" mode very well as multi-combinations draw away from the core nature of the class.

I voted for all of the core classes except the sorcerer, which I'm not all that keen on.

I rarely multi-class, in any edition. The one time I tried a wizard/fighter/PrC, I regretted the decision within two levels.

RFisher

Explorer
For every 3e character I've made, I've tried to map out some multiclassing options for his future. So far, I think I've always stuck to a single-class, though.

I think I voted for all the PHB classes except Ranger. I can't really see myself playing a Ranger except as a dip-in.

I don't know a lot of the non-core classes, but of those I know, there aren't many I've considered playing.

Nyaricus

First Post
For my own choices, I picked the ones which I meediatly could come up with a backgroud about and who I belevie I could find interesting playing for a yerasish worth of gaming.

Thus:
  • Barbarian
  • Cleric
  • Druid
  • Fighter
  • Knight
  • Ranger
  • Rogue
  • Scout
  • Shaman
  • Sorcerer
  • Spirit Shaman
  • Warlock
  • Wizard
made my list. Likely Dragon Shaman should have as well, since I really want to play a Kobold DS :D

Mainly I like fighter types, but I could see myself playing a arcanist or nature-priest type too. And Clerics count as Fighter-type :D

Remove ads