• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where can I PAY for some decent artwork?

Cyclops

First Post
Am I really about to commission artwork?

I am getting desparate enough to do it, BUT...I have no idea where to start.

Has anyone here commissioned a character portrait?
Anyone good out there?
Whats the going rate? And how long did you wait?

Azure Trance

First Post
A relevant point - I noticed that Maria Williams makes the characters in most, if not all of her drawings have a shiny nose. Really. Look.

s/LaSH

First Post
Well, not to blow one's own trumpet, but I'm pursuing an art career...

I've done a little paid work; the response was rather good. (As in, I had to write to a customer to ask why they sent me the extra money.) I am, of course, always ready to do more work for people with the need (and the money). If you like the idea, contact me and we'll talk.

If you want to see some samples, check out my webcomic. It's done specifically as a webcomic (duh), so it's not a character portrait style, but if you surf about a little you'll find some more character-oriented pieces.

If that fails, Elfwood's definitely the place to go. You might also try following some links from my comic and seeing if those artists are receptive to offers of money... and finally, I know that Eight (who does weird webcomics and draws pretty good) does commissions; go to Eightland and see if you like that stuff. The comics may be small and shabby, but he's done better stuff.

Good fortune, all! (Oh, and to anyone who's reading this: I'm not actually all that capitalistic, but I felt I should say something... really, so long as I make a living I'll be OK. There's no smiley for small orphans with cholera, or I'd use it in a pathetic bid to ensnare your attention...)

hong

WotC's bitch
Kip the Bold is willing to do portraits for a commission, last I checked. IIRC it's USD10 for a B&W portrait, USD20 for a colour one.

alsih2o

First Post
hong said:
Kip the Bold is willing to do portraits for a commission, last I checked. IIRC it's USD10 for a B&W portrait, USD20 for a colour one.

don't all gamers use the same d10 and d20 as us?

when did the rest of the world get funky dice?

Storminator

First Post
What if I want a big cityscape? Naturally you can't find an existing picture that does justice to my city, so I'd need one commisioned.

So who can do a giant vista?

PS

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads