D&D General Where do you design your adventures?

Where do you design your adventuers?

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I prepare my adventures in my home office. I'm usually working on three projects at a time and I take a little bite off each one every day - write one blurb or encounter, design one monster, flesh out some chamber or whatever. When one adventure is complete, I add a new one to the pipeline. I find this works better than trying to rush through one adventure at a time and losing steam halfway through.
Smart. I should try this.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
"Design" happens when I have unoccupied moments. Commuting, in the shower, whatever.

"Logistics" happens in front of a computer. Typing it up, checking stat block and copying in bits I need (or whole ones for non-D&D where they sell PDFs), etc.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
"Design" happens when I have unoccupied moments. Commuting, in the shower, whatever.

"Logistics" happens in front of a computer. Typing it up, checking stat block and copying in bits I need (or whole ones for non-D&D where they sell PDFs), etc.

This feels consistent with my "workflow."

Len

Prodigal Member
I often wonder how many good ideas I've forgotten because I think of them when I go to bed at night or I'm just out walking and so I don't write them down.
When that happens to me, I send myself an email from my phone - just a short sentence, or even a single word, to remind me of the idea when I have time to write it down properly.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
When that happens to me, I send myself an email from my phone - just a short sentence, or even a single word, to remind me of the idea when I have time to write it down properly.
That's what I should do instead of relying on my memory. I have set up a Google doc for DnD ideas that I often add ideas for feats, subclasses, etc. I should do another for my campaign.

Remove ads