D&D General Where do you design your adventures?

Where do you design your adventuers?

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
That's what I should do instead of relying on my memory. I have set up a Google doc for DnD ideas that I often add ideas for feats, subclasses, etc. I should do another for my campaign.

This has turned into a great thread with ideas on how to track ideas. Some of them seem so obvious as I read them, but I had never thought of them before. Like having a G doc with my ideas in it. That way I can add to it via phone, at work, or at home (in my future hot tub).

DUH. Going to go create that thing right now.

This has turned into a great thread with ideas on how to track ideas. Some of them seem so obvious as I read them, but I had never thought of them before. Like having a G doc with my ideas in it. That way I can add to it via phone, at work, or at home (in my future hot tub).

That's what all my little sticky notes and scraps of paper are for! At least they end up contained in the setting book and in the campaign folder.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem

I know, right? I don't know how long it took before I came to this conclusion.

atanakar

Hero

Indeed. I'm very pleased by the content of this thread. A G doc is a really good idea. I used to do that with 4e maybe a should start a new one for my current 5e homebrew campaign. Very useful to share setting info with the players.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Indeed. I'm very pleased by the content of this thread. A G doc is a really good idea. I used to do that with 4e maybe a should start a new one for my current 5e homebrew campaign. Very useful to share setting info with the players.

I have an entire folder on Google Drive that I share with players, for setting stuff (as well as stuff local on my computer, which I don't share with them). I use notebooks for writing pre-session notes. I use those same notebooks for tracking things like HP, though I have a separate spiral notebook for Initiatives.

For me the Where is much less important than the When. Most of my adventure design is done either in the game room or in the car, but it typically happens immediately following the previous game.

As the game session wraps up, I ask my players what they plan to do next, then I prepare for the next session based on what happened during that session (and previous ones) and what they've said they plan to do next.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases