• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where Do You Go Online to Waste Time about Gaming?

kenada

Legend
Supporter
I lurk on (Paizo’s PF2) offivial forums, and I participate in a handful of other communities (Ars Technica, Gamers with Jobs), but the other big gaming space is reddit (various TTRPG-related subreddits). I follow a handful of RPG blogs, but they mostly update irregularly. The one I read most and updates most regularly (other than here) is the Alexandrian (disclosure: I also back it on Patreon). I also follow Justin on Twitter (@hexcrawl) since he often has interesting commentary on GMing.

Nebulous

Legend
There are ton of really amazing Youtube channels regarding D&D and crafting.

Black Magic Craft is addictive, check that one out.

Dungeon Dudes is another one I really like, these guys have great DND advice

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I watch Matt Colville's Twitch streams, and I will read the occasional column over at rpg.net.

There's not much other gaming stuff I read or watch (I haven't watched much of CritRole's second campaign much at all.)

I tend to watch other YouTube channels while working instead. Jelle's Marble Runs, Epic Rap Battles of History, Defunctland, Wendover Productions, and Cracked's After Hours to name a few.

erc1971

Explorer
Crafting channels on youtube. Black Magic Craft, Tabletop Witchcraft, Wyloch's Armory, Bard's Craft, etc. - they inspire me to make cool things for my games.

Eric

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
I have been hanging out in a couple discord channels while I work on setting up one for myself. I have met some good people, got into a few weekly games, and have been able to just talk with other people. It's been a treat, and a tremendous help getting away from the negativity of toxic boards and social media.

Now I'm hoping to start up a community of my own eventually. I'm also working on a new campaign specifically to bring it together. Might take some time, but it's nice getting back to good old-fashioned writing and prep.

Remove ads