D&D 5E Where is the content?

The Big BZ

Explorer
Another option would be to revisit material with all new characters.
That is an option actually, (and slight spoiler for my lurking players) but I am going to use Phandalin with material from Lost Mines and Essentials as the above ground early part of Night Below to save conversion effort. Still feels a bit off that our only option is to replay stuff though.

pukunui

Legend
I've used that a lot in the past but I guess my point is that there is a lack of official content. I can use 3rd party sure, I can convert too and do all the time but surely it is within WotC's compass to publish enough adventure material that I don't have to?
I think what the rest of us are trying to tell you is that we all feel like they do publish enough adventure material. Some of us would even argue that they've published too much!

It's certainly not WotC's fault that you guys have played through everything 5e already. You keep saying you're not going that fast, but to me it seems like a real blistering pace.

The Big BZ

Explorer
I think what the rest of us are trying to tell you is that we all feel like they do publish enough adventure material. Some of us would even argue that they've published too much!

It's certainly not WotC's fault that you guys have played through everything 5e already. You keep saying you're not going that fast, but to me it seems like a real blistering pace.
Well, I seem to remember someone from the design team saying that they reckoned on it taking the average table about a year to play 1 - 20 and we are not far off that really. In fact we played 1 - 20 pure XP levelling in 11 months which is pretty close. See details in thread below:

Anatomy of a 20 Level campaign

I'll try'n dig up the design team quote tomorrow.

ccs

41st lv DM
That is an option actually, (and slight spoiler for my lurking players) but I am going to use Phandalin with material from Lost Mines and Essentials as the above ground early part of Night Below to save conversion effort. Still feels a bit off that our only option is to replay stuff though.

It's not your only option. It's the only option you choose to use.

gyor

Legend
My group is about to finish Descent into Avernus, we have played every hard back released so far, the Extra Life stuff, Goodman Games Keep on the Borderlands reprint and some of our number have played all of the Adventurers League content released so far so what's next? We have run out of content!

I am a True Believer Kool Aid Drinker and own every 5th edition book released so far in at least two formats (Hard copy, Beyond and Special Eds) and I like the slow release schedule so this is not the rant of a naysayer but I think the release schedule this year is out of kilter. The two new setting books are fine but what we really need is adventures!

We play once a fortnight for 6/7 hours and I guess we are pretty quick but surely not unreasonably so. We convert old adventures (I am running Night Below next) and we liberally use 3rd party stuff but finding decent 3rd party APs is tricky and converting can be laborious. We don't really homebrew because we find it can vary in quality to put it mildly and we are also full adults with jobs and commitments and stuff, we want to pick up a book, do standard prep and run it.

TL:DR We need more Adventures!

Buy Odyssey of the Dragonlords, its both settting and adventure for levels 1 to 20.

Since you are the player, not the DM, pass these two suggestions from DM's Guild to them:

They both add on to Descent into Avernus and the first one includes material to get characters up to level 20. And they are from the Guild Adepts program, so they are as close to official as possible without being a hardcover published by WotC directly.

Coroc

Hero
My group is about to finish Descent into Avernus, we have played every hard back released so far, the Extra Life stuff, Goodman Games Keep on the Borderlands reprint and some of our number have played all of the Adventurers League content released so far so what's next? We have run out of content!

I am a True Believer Kool Aid Drinker and own every 5th edition book released so far in at least two formats (Hard copy, Beyond and Special Eds) and I like the slow release schedule so this is not the rant of a naysayer but I think the release schedule this year is out of kilter. The two new setting books are fine but what we really need is adventures!

We play once a fortnight for 6/7 hours and I guess we are pretty quick but surely not unreasonably so. We convert old adventures (I am running Night Below next) and we liberally use 3rd party stuff but finding decent 3rd party APs is tricky and converting can be laborious. We don't really homebrew because we find it can vary in quality to put it mildly and we are also full adults with jobs and commitments and stuff, we want to pick up a book, do standard prep and run it.

TL:DR We need more Adventures!

Some peoples problems..... , I would I get to play so often that I used up all official stuff

The Big BZ

Explorer
It's not your only option. It's the only option you choose to use.
Well, I think if you read back through this thread or even just the op, you will see that that is pretty clearly wrong. We convert from other systems, we use DMsguild, we use old modules, we reuse content occasionally, we use 3rd party, we add bits ourselves. The only option we choose not to use is homebrewing whole campaigns.

Remove ads