Unearthed Arcana Where is the new Unearthed Arcana article?

asorel

First Post
Seems like "if you want new classes, make them yourselves for the time being".

WotC has said that they're trying to avoid feature creep. In light of this, new material will likely only be released in conjunction with new modules, or updates to campaign settings, in which the new options are relevant, e.g. the Artificer only being added when an update to Eberron is released.

Magistus71

Explorer
WotC has said that they're trying to avoid feature creep. In light of this, new material will likely only be released in conjunction with new modules, or updates to campaign settings, in which the new options are relevant, e.g. the Artificer only being added when an update to Eberron is released.

The artificer was in the first UA article.

Magistus71

Explorer
I know, but I chose not to include it, as that content is very much WIP, and doesn't really count as an official release.

That is true, but it is an official release from WotC, as opposed to the 100 or so homebrew versions that people of created. If an when an official version is released, it will be closer to the one we have already seen.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I'm excited about this new article. Someone in my group has been working on a new homebrew class (fighter subclass), and this gives us some guidelines to help us be sure we're making an effective one.

While I'm not interested in the particular example options (don't fit my settings), I do appreciate the general and class-specific design guidance.

One example is that I have a player in a one-shot who is playing a rogue-monk and I'm allowing (per his request) to sneak attack with martial arts. The fact that WotC is outright saying that you aren't intended to be able to do that makes me feel more comfortable in saying that it won't be allowed in my longer games.

Last edited:

Remove ads