Unearthed Arcana Where is the new Unearthed Arcana article?

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Indulge me for a moment. Can you list a few things that WOTC could say in an article of this type, which you would find no fault with?

You mean like the mass combt rules?

But your question is ridiculus. What you ask is perfection from imperfect creatures (humans).

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
You mean like the mass combt rules?

But your question is ridiculus. What you ask is perfection from imperfect creatures (humans).

I am not asking if they could say something which you would not be capable to finding any fault with (perfection), I am asking if there is anything they can say which you would choose to not express your observations of fault with their statements. Did you address the mass combat rules with an overall positive tone? If so, cool, I will check that out. What I am really getting at is an attempt to find out what you are likely to choose to be positive about, rather than negative about.

Edit - I checked, and didn't see any comment from you in the Mass Combat thread. Did I miss it?

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Appeal to popularity.

Yawn.

Next time, you probably want to include some actual content in your response. Or, if you don't really feel it merits a real discussion, hold comment altogether. Otherwise, someone is likely to report it report it as rude and threadcrapping, as happened here.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I am not asking if they could say something which you would not be capable to finding any fault with (perfection), I am asking if there is anything they can say which you would choose to not express your observations of fault with their statements. Did you address the mass combat rules with an overall positive tone? If so, cool, I will check that out. What I am really getting at is an attempt to find out what you are likely to choose to be positive about, rather than negative about.

Edit - I checked, and didn't see any comment from you in the Mass Combat thread. Did I miss it?

You question was
Indulge me for a moment. Can you list a few things that WOTC could say in an article of this type, which you would find no fault with?
My answer (me indulging you) was the mass combat rules. It is "an article of this type" (unearth arcana) that I find no fault with it (thus the lack of critics). Not finding fault doesn't require saying positive things. Those are two different things.

I answered you question, but your moving the goal post by saying I need to say positive things. This conversation is going nowhere. I never should have indulged since it was about me in the first place. Those are generally personal attacks.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
You question was My answer (me indulging you) was the mass combat rules. It is "an article of this type" (unearth arcana) that I find no fault with it (thus the lack of critics). Not finding fault doesn't require saying positive things. Those are two different things.

I answered you question, but your moving the goal post by saying I need to say positive things. This conversation is going nowhere. I never should have indulged since it was about me in the first place. Those are generally personal attacks.

I am not moving any goal posts. There is no personal attack here, I am trying to find some common ground by asking what you like, as opposed to what you dislike. I hope you will take it in that tone.

OK, so you liked the mass combat article, but didn't comment on it. Do you feel you're more likely to comment on things you dislike, rather than things you like, or was that just a coincidence that you didn't comment on the thing you note that you liked?

Magistus71

Explorer
OK, so you liked the mass combat article, but didn't comment on it. Do you feel you're more likely to comment on things you dislike, rather than things you like, or was that just a coincidence that you didn't comment on the thing you note that you liked?

Human nature will usually be to criticize something publicly, and to not say anything if liked. Specially on a medium where someone is more or less anonymous.

Remove ads