• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Where should a D&D videogame be set?

Where should a D&D videogame be set?

• Forgotten Realms. Elminster in da house!

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Greyhawk. Castle Greyhawk!

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Eberron. IT'S NOT STEAMPUNK.

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Dark Sun. Psionics, yo.

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Dragonlance. Putting the Dragon in Dungeons and Dragons.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Mystara. Keeping it basic.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Planescape. ALL UR PLANEZ R BELONG TO ME!

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Another official setting. Please explain in the comments.

• Other. Please explain the comments.

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • I AM NOT AN ANIMAL! I AM A HUMAN BEING!

• Poll closed .
A great D&D RPG video game should feel like the tabletop game. Because people who enjoy the video game can then be pushed into the tabletop game. The more different the two are, the more of a barrier or disconnect there will be from seguing from one to the other.
As such, it makes sense to set the video game in the Realms. So people who read that lore and like that setting will be excited to play most of the storyline adventures also set in the Realms

hawkeyefan

Legend
Start on Faerun, then go planar, and then to Sigil, and from there you can make excursions to other locations like Oerth or Athas or what have you.

So Planescape is my answer. Celebrate it all.

pming

Legend
Hiya!

I voted "Other". If WotC is planing on doing a 'one off' video game, then it doesn't matter really, but probably something 'standardish' (Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, etc). If WotC is planing on doing a series of connected or semi-connected games, then I think they should make a new setting just for it. One where the mechanics/changes of the 5e system into "video-game mechanics/changes" could be built-into the setting.

But I don't think there will ever be a "5e video game"...at least not any good one. (yeah, pessimistic).

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Remove ads