• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

where to from here? planning thread

Cleon

Legend
Okay, Freyars posted his fiery ten so what shall we do next.

I can see three easy groups...

We've got enough Lizardfolk and their associated riding creatures (like Nikt'oo and Camarilla) for a batch.

We've got a bunch of Burgess Shale creatures which we can probably pad out into a batch of 10.

There are quite a few Spider and Spider-like creatures in the list, which we could use as the basis of a batch.

I think I'd go for the Lizard People as my first choice, since we've mostly been doing "nonhumanoid" creatures recently.

Cleon

Legend
I think I feel like lizardfolk and related critters.

Seems we're agreed!

The variant lizardfolk are:

Lizardfolk, Cayman
Lizardfolk, Chameleon Man (Wallara)
Lizardfolk, Gurrash
Lizardfolk, Shazak
Lizardfolk, Sis'thik
Lizardfolk, Varkha

Their mounts are:

Nikt'oo
Xytar (and Camarilla)

That's eight, so we need two more. We could add the following:

Harrier
Scathe

Both the above are pretty reptilian in appearance, so seem to fit the theme.

Alternatively, we could add 2 mounts by splitting the riding lizard out of the Cayman and adding the Ferry Turtle:

Cayman Riding Lizard
Turtle, Ferry

Hmm, you know I wouldn't mind splitting out the Riding Lizard, since if we don't it'll "disappear" inside the Cayman's entry.

What thinks thee?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Aren't the nikt'oo associated with the snapper? I guess we've already posted that one, though. We should probably add a line about snappers to the nikt'oo as space for a link to the snapper entry (and put a link in the snapper to the nikt'oo). We should also put appropriate links in the xytar and associated lizardfolk entry.

I'd probably like to split out the riding lizard and would be fine with adding the ferry turtle.

So we'd have the 6 lizardfolk, nikt'oo, xytar (etc), cayman riding lizard, and ferry turtle. Whoever posts the xytar and cayman riding lizard should take the associated lizardfolk to have better knowledge of how to link them, probably, but I don't otherwise care how to split them up.

Cleon

Legend
Aren't the nikt'oo associated with the snapper? I guess we've already posted that one, though. We should probably add a line about snappers to the nikt'oo as space for a link to the snapper entry (and put a link in the snapper to the nikt'oo). We should also put appropriate links in the xytar and associated lizardfolk entry.

Yes, we've already got the Snapper uploaded to the CC. We can easily edit it to link to the nikt'oo.

The Nikt'oo's background already mentions the Snapper, we just need to make it a link there.

I'd probably like to split out the riding lizard and would be fine with adding the ferry turtle.

So we'd have the 6 lizardfolk, nikt'oo, xytar (etc), cayman riding lizard, and ferry turtle. Whoever posts the xytar and cayman riding lizard should take the associated lizardfolk to have better knowledge of how to link them, probably, but I don't otherwise care how to split them up.

So you want to split them in two lots of 5 again.

How about I do the Gurrash, Shazak and Sis'thik Lizardfolk with the Nikt'oo and Xytar?

That'd leave you with the Cayman, Chameleon Man (Wallara) and Varkha Lizardfolk with the Cayman Riding Lizard and Turtle, Ferry.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Well, we can either roughly take turns or split each batch, roughly half the work for each. ;) I'm happy with that split, or you can take them all if you want. Just let me know.

Cleon

Legend
Well, we can either roughly take turns or split each batch, roughly half the work for each. ;) I'm happy with that split, or you can take them all if you want. Just let me know.

Well if you'd rather do half-and-half I don't mind, but I think it might be easier to alternate (or just use a "whoever feels like it this week" approach).

So shall I upload these lizards then?

Bugsy I'm doing the Spiders for my next batch!

What? I like spiders!

Spider Batch, Spider Batch,
It can do anything a spider can,
Catches PCs just like flies,
In its web, then they die,
Watch out! It's Spider Batch!

:blush:

Cleon

Legend
So you want to split them in two lots of 5 again.

How about I do the Gurrash, Shazak and Sis'thik Lizardfolk with the Nikt'oo and Xytar?

That'd leave you with the Cayman, Chameleon Man (Wallara) and Varkha Lizardfolk with the Cayman Riding Lizard and Turtle, Ferry.

Hold on a mo. I just realized we don't have our latest aurochs conversion in the CC. The cayman use them as mounts, so we'd better upload them to.

That means Freyar'd do the Cayman, Chameleon Man (Wallara) and Varkha Lizardfolk with the Cayman Riding Lizard and Aurochs, and I'll still do the Gurrash, Shazak and Sis'thik Lizardfolk with the Nikt'oo and Xytar (Camarilla) for my half.

Cleon

Legend
Hold on a mo. I just realized we don't have our latest aurochs conversion in the CC. The cayman use them as mounts, so we'd better upload them to.

CORRECTION - we already have the Aurochs in the Creature Catalog. For some reason I misread it and thought that CC entry was an old 3.0 conversion rather than the 3.5 conversion we'd done last year.

We're going back to Freyar uploading the the Cayman, Chameleon Man (Wallara) and Varkha Lizardfolk with the Cayman Riding Lizard and Turtle, Ferry.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Checking Echohawk's Monster Index spreadsheet, the Albino Wyrm has an unofficial conversion in the "Frilond Campaign", so that might have been why it got skipped. The link given in the Monster Index is defunct though, and I haven't been able to find it with an internet search. So, unless someone has a copy of it, we don't have the Frilond Campaign 3.5 stats for the Albino Wyrm.
And another thread that I'm returning to after several months...

All of the Frilond content is still accessible via the Wayback machine. The albino wyrm conversion is here for example. That said, it would probably make sense to revisit the official creatures converted on that site.

Based on my notes, it looks like these might all be candidates:
  • Albino Wyrm
  • Ape, Carnivorous
  • Bainligor
  • Bloody Bones, Master
  • Bloody Bones, Minion
  • Carapace
  • Hutaakan Temple Ghoul
  • Water Leaper
  • Whispering Moth Swarm

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads