• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

where to from here? planning thread

RavinRay

Explorer
Ok, got here, went through the gist of your posts. So we are going to make several netbooks categorized by setting/source. And finish converting the monsters.

What about the technical part? Is this going to be a PDF? I actually did one for the dragons for in-house use. Just made a bare-bones page design with Adobe InDesign and exported it to PDF.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
No decisions made about the technical bits yet. Do you want to do up a monster from the CC as an example? I've used latex in the past, but I admit it's a bit of a bear to go between forum posts, etc, and decent formatting.

But we still need to figure out how to proceed with the CC itself, and we'll probably need BOZ's help to get that settled.

Cleon

Legend
No decisions made about the technical bits yet. Do you want to do up a monster from the CC as an example? I've used latex in the past, but I admit it's a bit of a bear to go between forum posts, etc, and decent formatting.

But we still need to figure out how to proceed with the CC itself, and we'll probably need BOZ's help to get that settled.

Making Adobe Acrobat versions of the various CC monsters is easy enough, I can convert a Word document into a pdf with formatted text, bookmarks and embedded links with a couple of mouse-clicks.

Sorting out the future of the Creature Catalog seems to be a more immediate priority, though.

freyar

Let's see whether BOZ thinks he can come back to the CC. He did mention to me that his work is blocking EN World right now, so maybe he'll stop by this weekend.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Let's see whether BOZ thinks he can come back to the CC. He did mention to me that his work is blocking EN World right now, so maybe he'll stop by this weekend.

Right now and for the foreseeable future, it looks like! I can't see them unblocking it anytime soon, which is the first stumbling block to me coming back as an admin here.

The second big problem is, and I've got to be honest here, my heart just hasn't been into doing 3.5 conversions since 4E came out. There are a number of reasons, I think, why I feel that way, but for now it just is what it is. It may change - maybe sooner than you think - but don't wait for that to happen. And this despite the fact that I still play 3.5 regularly. :)

Despite that, ever since the next edition of D&D was announced, I have been thinking more and more that if the next edition doesn't totally suck, I'd like to get back into doing stuff for Dragon again. I had dreamed of working with Eric again, but I was willing to go out on my own and now that is the way it would have to be. So, if you guys stick around, expect me to involve you in some way(s). :)

Since you all clearly want to keep things going here - and sorry for not getting here sooner - I think the thing that needs to happen is we need another admin or two. We can take a volunteer, or put it to a vote; want to start a new thread to discuss just that? It should be someone who has been active for a while, and who has the time to spend on getting the work done.

Cleon

Legend
Since you all clearly want to keep things going here - and sorry for not getting here sooner - I think the thing that needs to happen is we need another admin or two. We can take a volunteer, or put it to a vote; want to start a new thread to discuss just that? It should be someone who has been active for a while, and who has the time to spend on getting the work done.

Well I'm OK volunteering some time, and I believe Freyar is too.

Considering the hours per week we've been spending on this board, it's not like we haven't go the time...

freyar

Yes, I'd be ok with taking over the CC administration with Cleon's help. If no one objects or has other ideas, BOZ, can you make the request to Morrus and the EN World mods/admins? It would probably be best for one of the existing CC mods to bring it up.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
If that sounds good to the other regulars, then I'm OK with that. I'm pretty out of touch, so I'm not sure how things have gone on around here for a while.

Cleon

Legend
If that sounds good to the other regulars, then I'm OK with that. I'm pretty out of touch, so I'm not sure how things have gone on around here for a while.

Sometimes I feel Freyar and I are the regulars, at least as to 3rd edition conversion. :lol:

Anyhow, I'm fine waiting to hear what the mods and other Creature Catalog Forum afficionados think.

Remove ads