• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

where to from here? planning thread

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Sometimes I feel Freyar and I are the regulars, at least as to 3rd edition conversion. :lol:

Anyhow, I'm fine waiting to hear what the mods and other Creature Catalog Forum afficionados think.
Yeah, at least from my perspective, for the last couple of years the "regulars" have basically been Shade, Freyar and Cleon. (With a few others participating in specific threads or -- like me -- participating erratically) So I'd certainly support Freyar and Cleon taking on the roles of admins for the Creature Catalog forums.

How does the Creature Catalog database work though? -- I'm guessing BOZ will also need to explain to Freyar/Cleon how to access the database and upload new entries onto the site.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Yeah, at least from my perspective, for the last couple of years the "regulars" have basically been Shade, Freyar and Cleon. (With a few others participating in specific threads or -- like me -- participating erratically) So I'd certainly support Freyar and Cleon taking on the roles of admins for the Creature Catalog forums.

How does the Creature Catalog database work though? -- I'm guessing BOZ will also need to explain to Freyar/Cleon how to access the database and upload new entries onto the site.
Yes, figuring out the database (and catching up on some uploads) will be one of the first big tasks. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out with a few examples, I imagine.

Cleon

Legend

Yes, no doubt we'll have to be Initiated Into The Dread Secrets of Enworld (i.e. get some passwords).

I'm sure we'll be able to figure it out.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
To be honest, I haven't used the CC database in so long, I have no idea how it works. I don't think you technically need to be an admin here to use it. In fact, if you want to have two different people be admins here, and two others be in charge of uploading/maintaining the actual CC, I think that would work (depends on who wants to do what, or who is better at what). If Freyar and Cleon are the men for both jobs, then that is who I will tell Morrus and Piratecat about; if you want a different arrangement, then think about it and let me know.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
To be honest, I haven't used the CC database in so long, I have no idea how it works. I don't think you technically need to be an admin here to use it. In fact, if you want to have two different people be admins here, and two others be in charge of uploading/maintaining the actual CC, I think that would work (depends on who wants to do what, or who is better at what). If Freyar and Cleon are the men for both jobs, then that is who I will tell Morrus and Piratecat about; if you want a different arrangement, then think about it and let me know.
BOZ, I hope you don't mind, but I've taken the liberty of sending darjr a note about the technical side of the CC database, since I'm pretty sure he was the one who assisted Shade with database problems in the past. I cc'ed that note to Freyar and Cleon, but you seem to have reached your PM quota, so I couldn't copy that message to you too. I'll make sure to post any feedback here though.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
It probably makes sense for us both to have both forum mod and CC database privileges, so we can divvy up jobs differently as one or the other of us gets busy, etc.

Let's see what darjr says about the database.

Cleon

Legend
It probably makes sense for us both to have both forum mod and CC database privileges, so we can divvy up jobs differently as one or the other of us gets busy, etc.

Let's see what darjr says about the database.

That'd be OK by me, but I don't want us to be getting ahead of ourselves.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Quick update: darjr is going to investigate, and initial impressions are that access to the CC is linked to ENWorld accounts. He ask who needed to be given access to the database, so I've put Freyar and Cleon's names forward, as agreed.

Cleon

Legend
Quick update: darjr is going to investigate, and initial impressions are that access to the CC is linked to ENWorld accounts. He ask who needed to be given access to the database, so I've put Freyar and Cleon's names forward, as agreed.

Righty-ho.

Might as well just wait it out on the Admin side, for the time being.

Remove ads