D&D 4E Where was 4e headed before it was canned?

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Again, being able to replicate a Spell effect with no resource usage or consequences hundreds of times a day...yeah, that's big.
Again I can make that little spell an at-will and it is not going to make wizards dance in the streets... you are wrong

At level 16 if it had any impact I would be incredibly surprised.

Imaro

Legend
Again I can make that little spell an at-will and it is not going to make wizards dance in the streets... you are wrong

Then do it... why do you need WotC to spell it out for you? Either giving non-magical characters these effects is negligible and balance shouldn't be that much of a worry or you need spelled out guidelines because it is... which one is it?

Imaro

Legend
Pervasive amounts of work really its why we buy games someone else makes isnt it?
Making the current WOTC game into something I would want to play looks to be extensive.

Again, they were pretty upfront about the design choices and philosophy of the game. So I got exactly what I bought it for.

For me having rulings as opposed to pre-designed rules (and results) around task resolution opens up the game and better suits my style... by applying different fiction to the DC's ( as well as minimal house rules from the DMG), I'm able to achieve various fantasy genres, themes and moods easily with the 5e rules system this approach just suits me better than the locked down and defined one of the previous two editions.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
esign choices and philosophy of the game. So I got exactly what I bought it for.

For me having rulings as opposed to pre-designed rules (and results) around task resolution opens up the game and better suits my style... by applying diffe
Again, they were pretty upfront about the design choices and philosophy of the game. So I got exactly what I bought it for.

For me having rulings as opposed to pre-designed rules (and results) around task resolution opens up the game and better suits my style... by applying different fiction to the DC's ( as well as minimal house rules from the DMG), I'm able to achieve various fantasy genres, themes and moods easily with the 5e rules system this approach just suits me better than the locked down and defined one of the previous two editions.

See Adventures in Middle Earth: low magic 5E, accomplished.

Imaro

Legend
See Adventures in Middle Earth: low magic 5E, accomplished.

Another good one is Talislanta: Savage Lands 5e. Sword and sorcery with an optional classless system and the only magic are a scattering of rituals performed through skill checks. Very glad i backed the kickstarter... it's what I was hoping for with Thule

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
They claimed up front to support fans of 4e too ... and all I see is lip service and hand waving. Bad interpretations of what is valuable about healing surges in the DMG and so on.

Remove ads