D&D 4E Where was 4e headed before it was canned?

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
This is counter-intuitive: if Magic was freeform as well, it would be unlimited in power and scope.
Free-form = power in D&D.
NO it isnt free-form is limited to things of extremity and awesome less than magic.

"Magic is more powerful" - The number of times I have heard DMs cite that is extraordinary since magic is the defintition of extreme.

Why else would it be limited by resource management

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
As I have only been saying that 5e appears to allow more freeform style of play, you seem to now be ANGRILY agreeing with me ... so, good?

I am saying it deprives martial types of anything but that freeform... but mages they get the same skill free form but also well defined other options.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
NO it isnt free-form is limited to things of extremity and awesome less than magic.

"Magic is more powerful" - The number of times I have heard DMs cite that is extraordinary since magic is the defintition of extreme.

Why else would it be limited by resource management

It is limited to make it limited: if magic was free-form it would be more powerful. If Martial stuff was limited, it would be more limited. As it is free-form, it is more powerful than it would otherwise be.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I am saying it deprives martial types of anything but that freeform... but mages they get the same skill free form but also well defined other options.

Martials have extremely well defined options for killing things quite dead with no resource management, in addition to free-form skill usage.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases