• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where's all the 4th edition stuff online?

Go to dnd.wizards.com.
At the top, hover over PRODUCT INFO, then TABLETOP GAMES and click on DIGITAL TOOLS.
Scroll down for the so called "4TH EDITION LEGACY TOOLS."

sabrinathecat

Explorer
They want to promote and sell the new 5E. Why would they want to make the old 4E stuff easy to find?
It actually was completely missing for a day or two, according to one of my usual band of outcast gamers. Take that for what it is worth.

In short: bad marketing decisions combined with bad web-design.

Dannager

First Post
They want to promote and sell the new 5E. Why would they want to make the old 4E stuff easy to find?
It actually was completely missing for a day or two, according to one of my usual band of outcast gamers. Take that for what it is worth.

In short: bad marketing decisions combined with bad web-design.

Don't attribute this to some weird form of malice. The Insider tools are accessible both through their main URL and through the D&D site (at a very reasonable location). They're not hidden. They're not hard to find. They're not trying to force people to switch to 5e by depriving them of 4e tools.

Their web design is fine, and I'm not aware of any marketing decisions that have caused them to catch any flak in the last few months.

Evenglare

Adventurer
I have always gone through the main DND site as well, never even knew D&D insider.com existed. Perhaps they should have made that a bit more obvious.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Don't attribute this to some weird form of malice. The Insider tools are accessible both through their main URL and through the D&D site (at a very reasonable location). They're not hidden. They're not hard to find. They're not trying to force people to switch to 5e by depriving them of 4e tools.

Their web design is fine, and I'm not aware of any marketing decisions that have caused them to catch any flak in the last few months.

Maybe you are simply much kinder and more generous than I am.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads