Where's everyone vacationing this year?

kenobi65

First Post
Going to Origins in Columbus in a couple of weeks. Beyond that, and a trip to Wisconsin to visit my folks, nothing planned at this point. :(

Mycanid

First Post
Was already on an island in Alaska for a while earlier this year. That was primarily to visit with my folks, who moved there in 1999, and some other friends, also nearby (actually on another nearby island).

Never much of a "summer vacationer" ... preferred the autumn or the winter months. My most memorable one was to Scotland in February. Bitterly cold, no other tourists around, snow, beautiful ruined castles and abbeys, quiet and the beautiful ocean roaring in my ears. There are fewer places more beautiful to me on this earth other than the Hebrides or even Scotland herself....

Would like to visit Japan in the autumn admittedly ... haven't been able to swing that one yet.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I spent a little time in New York.

I don't usually get to do stuff like that, though. New York was a blast (I wanna go back!), and I recommend cool places to spend a vacation.

jinx crossbow

First Post
MavrickWeirdo said:
Vacation? What's that?
That's this new concept of leaving home for some days.
To me it sounds very obscure, but I will test it in fall
to visit the "Spiel" in Essen. (German GenCon)

My other vacations are canceled because i want
to buy a videobeamer.

Jinx

diaglo

Adventurer
Huw said:
detomo said:
Possibly all the way to the Isle of Wight. Woo!
We're going there too, dinosaur hunting!
one of the best vacations i ever took. we did a bike tour thru the New Forest and then caught the ferry over to the isle of wight. biked the isle and then came back across the ferry.

be sure to say hi to tennyson for me

Remove ads