Which adventure was your first? Ever itch to play/DM it again?

DrunkonDuty

he/him
Keep on the Borderland. Was that B2? Back in 1982.

I've got most of a setting I call "Beyond the Keep on the Borderlands" which I might run stuff in someday.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
It was some home brew the DM made. Printed modules were tough to find back then, although one guy had photocopied the giant series from the local library.

The first I remember running was the basic red box adventure with Bargle. It was pretty tough - at least a few deaths…

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I made up all of my adventures during my first 25 years of gaming. I didn't really take notes, so I couldn't really run them again even if I wanted to.

Otherwise, the first pre-written adventure I ran was probable Forge of Fury? Sure, I'd run that again if I had a mind to.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
My first adventure module I ever ran was X1: The Isle of Dread. I love that adventure so much that I have worked it into every campaign I've ever run since the 1980s. I've converted it to 3.5E, I've converted it to Pathfinder, and now I'm using the excellent Goodman Games conversion for my upcoming 5E campaign.

It's the best module ever written. Fight me.

Tutara

Adventurer
The Enemy Within for 1e Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. Got as far as Shadows over Bogenhafen/ Death on the Reik. I definitely hope to run some version of it one day, though I wasn’t really a fan of the later parts of the campaign when I read them later on.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The first D&D adventure I ever played was not my first RPG adventure.

The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh. I have considered picking up the new book, just for curiosity.

aco175

Legend
The first adventure we played I cannot remember the name. It had a set of bars that split the party and we died from bugbears or gnolls or such. Might be B1 or B2. I think my father ran B2 from the basic book after that but do not recall much. I want to run the series but likely would modify it more than Goodman has done with more story and placement.

Remove ads