Which adventure was your first? Ever itch to play/DM it again?

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
The first one I played was a home-made dungeon. The first one I ran, which I believe was the next time I played, was B2: Keep on the Borderlands. I have run the original one more time since then and Return to Keep on the Borderlands twice as well. So, yeah, I've redone it or its thematic descendant a few times.

GuyBoy

Hero
Keep on the Borderlands was my first to DM as well. I’ve run it again recently with my tabletop group as a “filler” game if one of the players can’t make the session and we therefore postpone our ongoing campaigns. I love it immensely.
As a player, I’m not sure it was the first module, but I played White Plume Mountain fairly early on and am now running it for my two grandchildren ( and supportive, non-gaming wife as a dwarf cleric) and they recovered Whelm yesterday!

Nice to see a mention upthread to the White Dwarf classic, Halls of Tizun Thane. Fond memories of that one.
And in similar vein, I got huge use out of the wonderful Fell Pass adventure in Dragon 32. The evil magic Warhammer, Casrac, went on to play a major role in my first campaign.
F653F283-8BFC-49DD-88A0-4EDD6AEE0099.jpeg

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I played B1 then ran B2 five or six times. After that, I ran my own modules.

Re: B1 and B2 "No." They're just not my style any more. I played through Hackmaster™'s versions of them both and didn't enjoy them.

delericho

Legend
I think my first published adventure was "X1: The Isle of Dread". I'm not planning to run it again, but funnily enough my current campaign is titled "Isles of Dread" and is very much inspired by...

The other one that might be my first is "B7: Rahasia". I do periodically think of returning to that one - I made a mess of running it back in the day, so it would be nice to see how it is actually supposed to go. :)

Voadam

Legend
The first adventure we played I cannot remember the name. It had a set of bars that split the party and we died from bugbears or gnolls or such. Might be B1 or B2. I think my father ran B2 from the basic book after that but do not recall much. I want to run the series but likely would modify it more than Goodman has done with more story and placement.
B1 In Search of the Unknown had a portcullis trap.
1670420994284.png

All my early playing and DMing was in homebrew settings.

1st canned module adventure as player: White Plume Mountain is the first I remember, but I'd learned a bit by then.

1st canned adventure as a DM: Judges' Guild, The Dark Tower.

Favorite "canned module" to play: I can't remember the title. It was in White Dwarf; the thing I remember was the need to get a big metal disc at the bottom of a deep pool out of the way so we could go down the shaft it covered.

Favorite "canned module" to DM: Probably The Dark Tower. It's wonderfully mad, and I've run it several times, with wildly different results.

Last edited:

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I wish I could remember what my first D&D adventure module experience was! It was probably whatever came with the original blue box, if any.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Surprisingly, NOT B2, but Palace of the Silver Princess instead. It had just came out, and my brother was the DM. I was playing a cleric. After defeating a skeleton in the first room with 1 hp remaining, he asked me which direction I wanted to go (the map was on the ground between us). I said "left" because the door was to my left.

Well, to his left was the wall. He replied, "You walk into a wall and suffer 1 hp of damage."

First PC resulted in first PC death in 10 minutes. Poor cleric, I don't even remember his name...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases