Which AP or module to convert to 5e?

Chriscdoa

Explorer
I have tyranny of dragon and it looks ok.

But i also have pretty much all the pathfinder APs and a few modules.

Which modules might be easiest/best to run in 5e? either because they are just so good, or because they require the least work

thanks

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I've been running 3.0's "The Sunless Citadel" with great success. It's one of the best 1st level modules ever written (IMO and possibly others) and takes the PC's to 3rd.

One thing to note is that CR in 5e means something different than 3e/Pathfinder, in that the CR of a monster is the "high end" of its challenge versus an average encounter. Two CR 1/2 Hobgoblins means CR 1 in 5e, but this also means that, in a fair fight, at least one level 1 PC is going down (almost) guaranteed.

From Pathfinder specifically, I'd run Kingmaker... and I am running Kingmaker after The Sunless Citadel. :)

I'm thinking of converting Shackled City. I'll wait until the DMG comes out though.

We're converting our Shackled City campaign to 5E, too.

After that, I'm not sure what's next. I'll probably convert some of the 1E or 3E adventures to 5E and run those.

I still have the old TOEE from the 80's that I've never gotten to run for a group. Might try that one.

diaglo

Adventurer
The Greyhawk Adventure path.
start with T1 and T2 skip T3-4 (they are junk)
add N2 as a sidetrek
goto A1, A2, A3, A4
with sidetreks of WG4 and WG5
Then hit S4
before committing to G1, G2, G3
D1, S1, D2, S2, D3
don't bother with Q1 it is :):):):):).

Remove ads