• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which campaign setting book should I buy? Star Wars or Cthulhu?

Star Wars Revised Edition Vs. Call of Cthulhu

• Star Wars Revised Edition

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Call of Cthulhu

Votes: 22 81.5%

• Poll closed .

scadgrad

First Post
Pftagn!

Can there be any doubt? Call of Cthulu is the easy choice IMO. Great read, runs very well (I actually prefer it over the Chaosium version. Blasphemy I know but still...) & could be hard to find once it sells out.

Now go make that Sanity Check.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I'd download a copy of GURPS lite & pick up GURPS Horror myself. But if you want my opinion on the two choices I'd say...Star Wars. I don't have the revised book but I'm liking what I'm reading in the OCR. Could use some tweaks but it looks fun.

mmadsen

First Post
That's a strange question. They are so totally different that it really depends on what you WANT more.

I have to agree that they're hardly natural substitutes for one another!

Personally, I bought Call of Cthulhu and only thought about buying Star Wars. I still think a D&D/CoC hybrid could make a great pulp sword & sorcery game.

Green Knight

First Post
I have to agree that they're hardly natural substitutes for one another!

Not an issue, as far as I'm concerned.

Looks like the voting's heavily in favor of Call of Cthulhu, and I'm leaning in favor of it as well. I'll be going to my local game store tomorrow and we'll see. Hopefully both are there, just in case. But more than likely, I'll pick up Call of Cthulhu over Star Wars. Thanks for the help! :)

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Hmm... These two are d20 system games, aren't they?

/me casts teleport thread.

edit - Oh - you asked somebody to close the poll? Damn you, now I can't vote!
(Without first re-opening the poll, that is. :p Which I won't, though. :))

Last edited:

Green Knight

First Post
Doesn't matter, as I've already made my choice.

Drumroll, please.

And the winner is...

0786926392.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Thanks to everyone who helped me make up my mind. So far I am LOVING this book! :)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads