• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which campaign setting book should I buy? Star Wars or Cthulhu?

Star Wars Revised Edition Vs. Call of Cthulhu

• Star Wars Revised Edition

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Call of Cthulhu

Votes: 22 81.5%

• Poll closed .

Rune

Once A Fool
It really depends on what kind of game you want to run. If you're just getting it to read, definitely pick up Cthulhu. I personally, would much rather play Cthulhu than Star Wars any day, but both only as (multiple) one-shots; I simply can't sustain enough interest in Star Wars for a full-blown campaign and the PCs don't survive long enough for a full campaign in Cthulhu!

To recap: I like horror a lot, so I would go with Cthulhu.

Psion

Adventurer
That's a strange question. They are so totally different that it really depends on what you WANT more. I think rules-wise SWRCRB is much better honed, but d20 CoC is still playable and probably a better bargain if you are looking to add stuff to a normal D&D game.

shouit

Explorer
Choose Cthulu. The reason is WoTC has stated that they may not reprint that book. But, Star Wars they will. In which case, you want to get the book while available. If I would have known how good it was, I would have bidded on the signed copy of it..

Krug

Newshound
Buy both and combine the two.

Attack of the Ctholoids! The Dunwich Menace! The possibilities are endless!

The CoC is a better bet, in my opinion ;)

It has more background as well as offering more if you decided to DM a D&D campagian.

However Star Wars revisied is pretty good as well. I brought both :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads