• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which "CORE" D&D book are you most looking forward to in 2006?

Which "CORE" D&D Book(s) are you Looking Forward to the Most?

• Races of the Dragon (January)

Votes: 46 22.2%
  • The Red Hand of Doom (February)

Votes: 11 5.3%
  • Tome of Magic: Pact, Shadow, and True Name Magic (March)

Votes: 49 23.7%
  • Complete Psionic (April)

Votes: 76 36.7%
  • Fantastic Locations: Fields of Ruin (April)

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Player's Handbook II (May)

Votes: 82 39.6%
  • Dungeons & Dragons Player's Kit (June)

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss (June)

Votes: 71 34.3%
  • Monster Manual IV (July)

Votes: 57 27.5%
  • Fantastic Locations: Dragondown Grotto (July)

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords (August)

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • A D&D Miniatures product

Votes: 29 14.0%
  • A FORGOTTEN REALMS product

Votes: 21 10.1%
  • A EBERRON product

Votes: 25 12.1%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 23 11.1%

Romnipotent

First Post
none of the above... I play Gurps on tuesdays, which is ending as the GM moves to Bendigo. Serenity and Necessary Evil on wednesday, and finally Oathbound on thursdays (Wednesday night in america, IRC game) and a D20 modern game PbP... Im not looking foward to any of the releases from wotc, but Im not ignoring them either, I may look over a couple of them when I visit the FLGS

ToM:pSTNM
CPsi
MMIV
PHBII

These are essentials, though I have to admit feeling silly saying so, since I hardly get to play anymore, and have been so busy lately, I'm out of the loop on the upcoming products.

What are:
D&D player's kit
Fiendish codex
&
Tome of Battle?

Corsair

First Post
I'm just posting to comment on your "core" comment. My main complaint is that the "core rules" are already defined. I understand what you mean by your "core" (basically any WotC products which aren't campaign specific) but I wish people in general (not just you) could find a different word for it.

Though even as written, I think I would seperate Psionics, Incarnum, and things like Unearthed Arcana into their own category of non-standard rules.

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ said:
replace Fiend Folio with Lords of Madness (my pick for top D&D book of 2005) and i'll share that sentiment with you. ;)

No argument here that it was the best book...but after Libris Mortis, I wasn't actually looking forward to it. Instead, I was delightfully surprised! :D

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Umbran said:
Darn straight it isn't. That term is so commonly used to mean something else specific around here, I wonder that you chose to use it thus.

Bet aht as it may - I'm not really "looking forward" to any of these, insofar as there's not a one of them I'll purchase without reading reviews and looking over for a good long while in teh store first.
*BING! BING!*

None of those books is 'CORE'. Perhaps the word you want is 'OFFICIAL'?

The Auld Grump

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Shade said:
No argument here that it was the best book...but after Libris Mortis, I wasn't actually looking forward to it. Instead, I was delightfully surprised! :D

whereas i expected good things and got what i wanted. :p

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Races of the Dragon and Complete Psionic I will buy sight-unseen.

Player's Handbook II and Tome of Magic I look forward to investigating.

As a rule, I try to buy everything Eberron.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i check out every book before buying it - of course, i usually go in with "if this is as good as i think it will be, i'm getting it" or "i'll wait until i see it to decide if i'll get it" or "i probably won't get it, but if it's good enough i'll change my mind". :)

Remove ads