D&D 5E Which D&D books currently scheduled for 2023 are you interested in?

Which D&D books currently scheduled for 2023 are you interested in?

• Keys from the Golden Vault

Votes: 69 36.3%
  • Glory of the Giants

Votes: 81 42.6%
  • The Book of Many Things

Votes: 94 49.5%
  • Phandelver Campaign

Votes: 108 56.8%
  • Planescape

Votes: 120 63.2%

I mean... maybe they could innovate and print it all in tiny, tiny font? And then sell an official reading device add-on?
I mean, losers could always just use their own magnifier to read it. But truly discriminating consumers of the under-monetized D&D lifestyle brand would never consider that. Instead, they would purchase an official Elminster's Embiggening Eyeglass for only $19.99.
They could just improve the page count. If Spelljammer had been like 16 pages more for each book, it would have been just fine.

They could just improve the page count. If Spelljammer had been like 16 pages more for each book, it would have been just fine.
I’d personally vote for ditching the DM screen and pumping the three books to 96 pages each. I’m also not convinced we need a new MM for Planescape - Mordenkainens’ already has a bunch of info on the Blood War, as example - maybe a ‘the players chant’ / ‘the dark of the planes’ / ‘the infinite staircase’ split would be a good divide.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I dislike using ignore, but I probably will at this point…
Mod Note:

Use or don’t use the ignore function- that’s your choice. Chirping about who and why you choose to use it on and your personal view of them can get you moderated. You get a freebie on this instance; the future may yield different results.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I’d personally vote for ditching the DM screen and pumping the three books to 96 pages each. I’m also not convinced we need a new MM for Planescape - Mordenkainens’ already has a bunch of info on the Blood War, as example - maybe a ‘the players chant’ / ‘the dark of the planes’ / ‘the infinite staircase’ split would be a good divide.
I dunno, lots of other weird stuff from 2E that's not in the game yet, and nigh infinite room for.making up new Planar weirdness.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
If nothing else, "The Dark of the Planes" really needs to be the name of the setting book in the slipcase.

If nothing else, "The Dark of the Planes" really needs to be the name of the setting book in the slipcase.
Were I running the project - which, sadly, I am not - I think upon reflection, I would go with “Shemeskas’ Guide to the Wheel”, “The Dark of the Planes”, and “The Great Modron March”. Rope Mr. DiTerlizzi back in for the alt covers, of course.

Edit: And have something involving the Nameless One and Mort.

Ooh, alt covers is perfect. The current D&D brand doesn't get as eccentric as his work now, alas, but many of the hardcore/older fans will be getting the alternate covers anyway.
That's my thinking - a nice nod to the original boxed set, while not messing with the general art direction they have (for better or worse) gone with.

Remove ads