D&D 5E Which easier to remember (for you)? (On Saving Throws & Spell Durations)

Which do you find easier to remember?

• Making a save every round

Votes: 34 82.9%
  • A spell having a set duration

Votes: 7 17.1%

I find save each round easier to remember.

X rounds per level was annoying to track in combat. You can do it with setting up a d10 or whatever and changing it each round but that is more to track and fiddle with for little effect.

I think giving a save every round puts the burden on the recipient, who has a way higher interest in getting out.

Last edited:

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Me too. Part of the reason why I am asking.
I did vote every round, because I think players are MORE likely to remember than me. One advantage of the VTT is that there are usually little icons indicating something is up (I don't use the advanced things that remind me to save, maybe I should).

MarkB

Legend
While I stand by saves being generally easier to remember, it can get tricky when it's the players spamming some of these effects across several opponents. It can get tricky as a DM to keep track of that for multiple creatures.

Then again, I don't think the players ever complain when the DM misses those. :D

R_J_K75

Legend
Me too. Part of the reason why I am asking.
I did vote every round, because I think players are MORE likely to remember than me.
Our games are not very rigid or regimented, in fact we wing things alot and I go so far as to classify our group as more of a social endeavor more than us being overly concerned with rules. So Im not too sure my input is very relevant, but in my experience players arent always so quick to pay attention to these things any more than the DM.

Remove ads