Which First Level Adventure for Beginners/Returning Lapsed Adults

Reynard

Legend
The Starter Set adventure (Lost Mines of Phandelver) fortunately happens to be a great level 1-5 mini-campaign, regardless of your experience level.

Even as an experienced DM, you'll enjoy running it. And for new players it's the best 5E option by a lot.

I used it to teach a gaggle of 13 year olds to play D&D for a friend of my wife's. As far as I know they are still at it a year or so later.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
If you want to retro:

Goodman Games B1/B2 reprint and 5E conversion is awesome. Its better if you would interested in it for its own sake, but you can do a ton of low level adventuring with it.

Tales of the Yawning Portal has 5e conversion of Sunless Citadel and Forge of Fury, both are great for low-level parties and have a classic feel.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Cubicle 7 ''Wilderland Adventures'' could be fun if you dont mind a little conversion since its made for adventure in Middle-Earth (still is dnd 5e-based). It balances quite well the three pillars of the game, if you want something else than just combat. If you also get the Eaves of Mirkwood adventure, you could get a nice lvl 1 to 6 starter campaign.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah. That’s exactly what the official beginners set is for. Lost Mines of Phandelver seconded. Or thirded.

Reynard

Legend
Yeah. That’s exactly what the official beginners set is for. Lost Mines of Phandelver seconded. Or thirded.
I like Phandelver and if I pick a 5e adventure I will likely go with it. I was just curious if folks had favorite "introduction to D&D" adventures.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Can’t recommend the starter set and Lost Mines of Phandelver highly enough. It’s a perfect introduction (or re-introduction) to both D&D in general and 5e specifically.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases