• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which Game Would YOU Choose for Wil Wheaton's Tabletop RPG Spinoff?

P

PaulofCthulhu

- and interestingly, Wil Wheaton has already done work for Pelgrane Press and Trail of Cthulhu.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
GUMSHOE. Maybe Trail of Cthulhu edition. I admit I have only had limited exposure to this game, but that brief experience with [MENTION=2]Piratecat[/MENTION] is enough to make me think the system could be absolutely perfect for the type of players TableTop draws in. Hell, some of their games they seem to even do ad hoc what GUMSHOE is designed for. The narrative based game they played with [MENTION=189]jonrog1[/MENTION] in particular makes me think it could be perfect.
GUMSHOE would be great. And can you even imagine TimeWatch? I'd also be a huge fan of a Dread game.

Personally, though, I just want to run one for them. Crazy-stupid-fun.

DM Howard

Explorer
Since D&D isn't feasible for them, I'd pick either Castles and Crusades or Edge of the Empire.

Castles and Crusades allows for a nice generic fantasy game, whilst almost everyone knows at least something about Star Wars.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Thinking about this, if I were Wil, I'd feature an ongoing campaign that's interspersed with one-shots of other RPGs. That breaks the pattern and keeps things fresh. So I'd play 3 sessions of a campaign, 1 session of Dungeon World, 3 sessions of a campaign, 1 Night's Black Agents game, etc.

Von Ether

Legend
I'd LIKE Savage Worlds. It has figs so there's a visual element, even down to the templates, and Character advancement is simple enough that flashy graphics could make it look more like a Street Fighter game power up of some sort.

The key would be to make powers look completely different with Trappings. Not state that this is Bolt with the Fire trapping and this is Bolt with an Insect trapping, but that it's Fire Sling and Swarm of Justice instead.

That said, it looks like they are going with Green Ronin's Fantasy AGE instead.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads