• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which is the "Best" Ninja?

maddman75

First Post
Over on TDA, we came up with the Real Ultimate Ninja awhile back. Here's the stats for teh best ninja evar, edited for Eric's Grandma of course.

Real Ultimate Ninja

Prerequisites : Weapon Focus (ninja-to), Dodge, Mobility, Sneak Attack +1d6, Must Have Killed A Man Just To Watch Him Die, Accepted by a Grand Master of the Ninja Arts

Hit Dice 1d12

Class Skills : Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Dex), Craft(Alchemy) (Int), Disable Device (Dex), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information(Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Perform(Guitar) (Cha), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha), Use Rope (Dex)

Skill Points Per Level : 8 + Int Modifier

Code:
Level     BAB   Fort    Ref    Will    Special
-------------------------------------------------------
1            +1     +2      +2      +2    Ninja Sneak Attack +1d6, Favored Enemy : Pirates
2            +2     +2      +2      +2    Awesome Ninja Training, Ninja Riffs
3            +3     +2      +2      +2    Ninja Sneak Attack +2d6, Ki- Blast
4            +4     +3      +3      +3    Awesome Ninja Training
5            +5     +3      +3      +3    Ninja Sneak Attack +3d6, One With The Night
6            +6     +4      +4      +4    Awesome Ninja Training
7            +7     +4      +4      +4    Ninja Sneak Attack +4d6, Ninja Rocking Out
8            +8     +5      +5      +5    Awesome Ninja Training
9            +9     +5      +5      +5    Ninja Sneak Attack +5d6
10          +10   +6      +6      +6    Awesome Ninja Training, Flip Out and Kill People
--------------------------------------------------------

Ninja Sneak Attack - This is identical to the Rogue's sneak attack, and stacks with any sneak attack bonus the Ninja may have from another class.

Favored Enemy: Pirates - The Real Ultimate Ninja has a deep and abiding hatred of pirates. When attacking any pirate, the Real Ultimate Ninja gains a bonus on attack and damage rolls equal to his Charisma modifier.

Awesome Ninja Training - The Ninja benefits from the training of his ancient masters, and can choose one feat off the fighter bonus feat list.

Ninja Riffs - The Ninja can play killer riffs. If he makes a DC 15 Perform(guitar) check, he gains a +4 bonus to any subsequent Diplomacy, Bluff, or other rolls made to nail totally hot chicks.

Ki-Blast - The Real Ultimate Ninja can focus his ki into a blast of psychic energy merely by staring at his foe and focusing his energies. This attack deals 2d6 damage per Real Ultimate Ninja level, has a range of 300', and can be used once per day per Real Ultimate Ninja level. The save is equal to 10 + Real Ultimate Ninja level + Cha modifier.

One With The Night - When the Real Ultimate Ninja is in a darkened area and in their Ninja Outfit, they can become one with the night. This allows them to vanish/hide in plain sight, hide and move silently while moving at full speed (or even running), and get a bonus to AC, Tumble, Hide and Move Silently checks equal to their Real Ultimate Ninja level squared (minimum of +4).

Ninja Rocking Out - The ninja can totally rock out on the guitar. If he makes a DC 20 Perform (guitar) check, he can unleash a screech that causes all within 50 feet to roll a Will Save (DC=10 + REN level + Cha Modifier) or become paralyzed in awe of his awesome rocking out for 1d10 rounds. If that person is a pirate, they dissolve.

Flip Out And Kill People - The Real Ultimate Ninja realizes his Ultimate power - to flip out and kill people. This ability can be used once a day. The Ninja's ki power enchants his Ninja-to as if it were a +4 weapon with both keen and vorpal enchantments on it. Any Shurikens he throws are likewise given a +4 bonus and an elemental attack of the Ninja's choice. Further, the Ninja gains a +10 bonus to any Tumble, Balance, Jump, or Climb checks that are involved in flipping out and killing people. He also gains DR 10/magic. This ability lasts until every m-f-er in the room is f-ing dead.

Note on equipment - Some would argue that the Ninja-to is a masterwork shortsword. These people are fag0ts, and know nothing about ninjas. The Ninja-to is a medium sized light weapon, though for the purposes of a power attack it is not considered light. It deal 1d8 damage with a threat range of 17-20/x3. It has a hardness of 25 and 100 hit points. It can be used as a garrote, snorkel, storage for poison, and can fold out into a hang glider. All Ninjas are given a Ninja-to when they join the ranks of the ninjas.

:D

MeiRen

First Post
KaeYoss said:
But even in history, they were the stuff of legend (IIRC). They were attributed feats like walking up walls, walking over water, and a lot of other things.

True, but I felt like throwing that out there. Too many of our nation's children think Ninja actually exist. Now, under No Child Left Behind, that wouldn't happen.....

The rokugani ninja has some nice abilities, too...

I recall thinking they were sorta blah, but I may just be remembering wrong.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
MeiRen said:
True, but I felt like throwing that out there.

Well, D&D is about characters that are the stuff of legend. A ninja without awesome powers wouldn't fit in.

I recall thinking they were sorta blah, but I may just be remembering wrong.

It's available as free preview of Rokugan d20 on the alderac website.

There's the full BAB and full sneak attack thing. This combined with no armor proficiency (only stuff with armor penalty 0 allowed) and d6 makes for an interesting charakter: you can deal out well, and thus are tempted to stay in melee with your ninja-to or whatever weird weapon you have at the moment, but you cannot really afford to. Glass cannon

Then there's ninja dodge, which is pracitcally like dodge, only that you get it 5 times over the levels (so kinda like a very weak version of the monk ac thingy). There's uncanny dodge and deflect arrows, as well as poison use (all relatively normal stuff), and there's two other abilities: speed of darkness (int to init) and shadow run (5 feet speed per con bonus, so +10 with con 14-15).

It doesn't have too many abilities, but it's kinda neat IMO.

maddman75

First Post
KaeYoss said:
Nah. Not nearly over-the-top enough. This looks almost playable. Plus, there should be a "real ultimate power" class feature in there.

You clearly know nothing about ninjas. A ninja's Real Ultimate Power is to Flip Out and Kill People. As for not over the top enough, it has the sneak attack of a rogue, the feats of a fighter, d12 hit dice, 8 skill points/level, and three good saves. Not to mention being able to make pirates dissolve.

:p

Shin Okada

Explorer
I don't know the stats of other Ninja classes. But when I have read complete adventurer Ninja, I was surprised by the fact that they cannot wear chain-shirt. I have been expecting to see typical comic/fictional Ninja. And chain-shirt is like a uniform of them.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Shin Okada said:
I don't know the stats of other Ninja classes. But when I have read complete adventurer Ninja, I was surprised by the fact that they cannot wear chain-shirt. I have been expecting to see typical comic/fictional Ninja. And chain-shirt is like a uniform of them.

The rokugani ninja cannot wear chain-shirt, either (though he could wear a mithral shirt). IMO the typical fictional ninja doesn't really wear armor, just a black "ninja outfit".

Shin Okada

Explorer
KaeYoss said:
The rokugani ninja cannot wear chain-shirt, either (though he could wear a mithral shirt). IMO the typical fictional ninja doesn't really wear armor, just a black "ninja outfit".

Hmm. Maybe so in the USA. But typical Japanese Comic (or TV show) Ninja wears chain shirt under his/her black suit or other costume.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads