Which is your favorite on-screen Star Trek captain?

Which is your favorite on-screen Star Trek captain?

• Willard Decker (U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John Harriman, Jr. (U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-B)

• Edward Jellico (U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D)

Welverin

First Post
Mark said:
Well, there's always the debate that all possible future do, indeed, actually exist...but setting that aside, it was an on-screen appearance as a capatin of his own ship. I suppose Beverly Crusher-Picard should also be mentioned as being in command of the Medical Ship USS Pasteur. Data, too, had his time in "the Big Chair" as did Worf, and although both were temporary commands in SF, Worf had any number of Klingon ships he commanded, IIRC.

Better yet, Worf ended up as the commander of the Defiant, which is much better justification for including him on the list, and I'm sure he'd get more votes than a lot of the people already listed (still wouldn't top Sisko, though).

Elf Witch said:
It was the way Janeway was written. I always got the impression that Picard would sacrifice his crew for the greater good of the federation and I know Sisko was willing to do it.

Well that’s exactly what they should be doing; they serve the federation (and thus the people in it). So does they’re crew. They wouldn’t be very good commanders if they let a planet get blown up so they could save their crew.

Makes them better commanders in my book.

Oh I see. I thought it was that tired old debate of trekkie VS trekker. Which I always thought was just plain dumb.

Yes, but they're fanboys, what else would you expect?

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
James T. Kirk
less talk more action - nuff said, Sisko comes close here
sci-fi plots not political plots - different times, maybe but Sci-Fi was still young
villians were VILLIANS - Klingons were bad, Khan had a plan and hate, the Romlans were sneaky
Better ship-to-ship action - while special effects improved, space combat has been lackluster to me.

mojo1701

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Is that out on DVD? Can't seem to find it.

Yeah, it is. I bought a copy about 2-3 months ago. The movie was made in '96. I'm also looking for Trekkies 2.

Elf Witch said:
Oh I see. I thought it was that tired old debate of trekkie VS trekker. Which I always thought was just plain dumb.

Yeah, that's covered near the end in Trekkies. The answers are quite interesting, some laughable. I actually like Kate Mulgrew's answer.

johnsemlak said:
Data has at least one brief role as Captain in Redemption.

And on the subject of Trekkies, they asked this EXACT question. The most answers were between Kirk and Picard. One little girl was asked by her mom (in TNG [I believe] blue uniform) who her favourite captain was. She said, "Data."

Of course, the winner of their poll was Picard. They also cover favourite Non-Federation "captain" (loose term), as well as the Trekkies vs. Trekkers debate (I'm gonna mention the word "Debacle" to anyone who's ever seen it), and the "Spiner Femme" getting 3rd really made me laugh.

Turlogh

Explorer
Kirk all the way.
Didn't ever really see Picard as a captian but more as middle managment- oh a problem lets go to the boardroom.
DS9 was regularly dull so Sisko never really impressed me much.
Didn't like Janeway at all.

The other captians were never really shown enough to make a good call on them

qstor

Adventurer
I voted for Kirk. I guess there's a lot of TNG fans on the boards cause Picard is winning. I'd go for Sisko 2nd, then janeway. Jellico is tough. He'd be 4th. What about Sulu? :)

Mike

qstor said:
I voted for Kirk. I guess there's a lot of TNG fans on the boards cause Picard is winning. I'd go for Sisko 2nd, then janeway. Jellico is tough. He'd be 4th. What about Sulu? :)

Mike
I voted Picard since I like the characters views and the actor better, but Sisko is definitely my close second, and overall I prefer DS9 above TNG...

Laurel

First Post
Psychic Warrior said:
Wasn't that from the future vision in "All good Things..."? If it was I thought they had changed the future by their knowledge of it and not letting certain things happen (like Worf & Deanna getting hitched).
:( If we could have then Captain Picard as in Beverly Picard would have changed my list around :) Really wanted to see more of her in captain mode.

Remove ads