• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which is your favorite on-screen Star Trek captain?

Which is your favorite on-screen Star Trek captain?

• Willard Decker (U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John Harriman, Jr. (U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-B)

• Edward Jellico (U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D)

Acid_crash

First Post
Benjamin Sisko, but of course. To me, he's a combo of Kirk attitude and Picards diplomacy who doesn't go chasing after all the alien women he sees. Great actor.

Chun-tzu

First Post
Shag said:
I'm gunna vote Captain Benjamin Maxwell, best quote sniff-sniff "Smells like a bureaucrat's office"

Ha! Gotta love a guy to diss Picard in his own ready room. That takes duranium balls :)

Plus he was right about the Cardassians. If the feds had stopped them back then they wouldn't have been able to help the dominion.

Nice work Picard!

Starfleet knew what was going on and did NOT want to go to war with Cardassia. It's quite possible that if they had, their forces and resources would have been depleted (assuming Starfleet won) and the Dominion would have walked all over them.

Shag

Explorer
Bah they could have smoked the Cardassians, just offer the Klingons half of thier space and they could have pincered them.

Come on Americans back me up on pre-emptive war! ;)

MonsterMash

First Post
I voted Picard - "Make it so", even though I grew up watching the original series and so I've always got a bit of affection for James T. Kirk.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Acid_crash said:
Benjamin Sisko, but of course. To me, he's a combo of Kirk attitude and Picards diplomacy who doesn't go chasing after all the alien women he sees. Great actor.
Unlike Kirk and Picard, he's a widower and a single parent. The only woman in his life happens to be a convicted smuggler.

Taren Seeker

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Without Sulu's leadership, Excelsior would have been destroyed in the shockwave of Praxis's explosion. That and aiding Kirk against a ship that can fire while cloaked, thus saving the peace between Federation and Klingon Empire.

I'm sure that African-Americans and Nationals would praise Sisko for being their first "star" captain. I mean, up until DS9, they always cast Caucasian as the leading "star" captain of the Trek series. ;)
crewman: "She'll fly apart sir!"
Sulu: "Then FLY her apart!!!"

Badass.

velm

First Post
Tough call on who my fav capt is. I REALLY wanted to like Enterprise, really I did. I liked Scott Bacula in Quantum Leap, it has a good cast, but it just does not do anything for me.

I think I would have to lean with the Kirk from the movies. The original series was a good 'cowboy' capt, but I think as you see Kirk in the movies, he has matured quite a bit. He also had THE very best villian, Khan. He is the capt then when it hits the fan, you WANT him and his crew. Sorry, the other capts will have to serve under him. Diplomacy? bah, got a phaser on stun for you.

At a VERY close second would be Picard. I liked Picards style, he was a thinking mans leader. The two greatest episodes out of all the series had Picard in them.

Remove ads