D&D 5E Which MTG Setting would you want as an official D&D Setting (updated post-Strixhaven)?

What MTG Plane would you like to have an official D&D Setting Book?

• Alara

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amonkhet

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Dominaria

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Eldraine

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Ikoria

• Innistrad

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Kaldheim

• New Phyrexia

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Tarkir

• Zendikar

• A different MTG Plane

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • No more MTG setting books!

Votes: 8 17.4%

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Hello! I thought I'd make a new version of this poll, because Strixhaven has been announced and it looks likely that MTG settings are definitely an ongoing trend.

I haven't included every MTG setting here because there are many, but I included rank 5 or better on the Rabiah scale. I also know some of these have a Planeshift article, but I don't think that would stop an official book release, especially as it would likely be paired with a new card set that updates the plane somewhat.

Innistrad and Eldraine are good options. I wouldn't dismiss Kaldheim.

I suggest after Kamiwaga: Neon Dinasty a new setting based in cultures and folklore from Far East, but not only with Japanese influences but also from China, Korea and other nations as source of inspiration. We would a lot of work about the different markets from Asia have got special points of view about themself and their neighbours and we don't troubles because somebody said anything unpolite without noticing.

I wonder about a new crossover with D&D, this time Greyhawk or Dragonlance. Jakandor is almost totally forgotten or unknown but this is the reasy to do it because the risks are lesser.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Khaladesh.

After that I’d put Zendikar, Eldraine, and then lots of others.

But above all those, I want a Gatewatch’s Guide To The Planes, with info on a bunch of worlds, and worldbuilding tips, tables, etc,

The story of Kamiwaga was more like a "one-shot", too small when a true setting should be like a sandbox.

Ilkoria has got a lot of "kaijus" or gargatuan monsters perfect for some crossover with a no-D&D franchise (dinobots, dino power rangers, Ultraman)... but it is not the best setting for low level PCs. Maybe if there is a module of optional rules about tamed monster pets then the things would be different.

Innistrad is the best option for the no-MtG fandom. It allows a lot of open space to add elements when Ravenloft is too "small", for example fights among supernatural factions (vampire clans, theriantropes tribes, dark fae courts, witch covents, wraith guilds, monster-hunter brotherhoods...)

About Ixalan my opinion is the morrion is a fashion accesory too cool and fabulous to be only wore by the bad guys. I reclaim a positive discrimination quota of morrion-wearers in the band of the good and nice characters.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I picked possibly the most boring option (other than no more MTG settings) and went with Dominaria. Probably due to it being the original location for MtG and because I have the art book for it which, really speaking, probably gives me enough info to run a game there in the latest age of the setting.

Remove ads