OD&D Which Mystara/OD&D monsters should be in an article for Dragon mag? (Poll #3)

Which Mystara/OD&D monsters should be in an article for Dragon mag? (Poll #3)

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ asked me to post a thread with the Immortals set critters, so here it is. I apologize for missing a few descriptions, as my book isn't with me and I had to go with what I could find on the internet.

Baaka: Living guardian obstructions (walls, doors, tunnels) created and used by the Immortals of Matter. They are made of reinforced diamond and are often black monoliths in shape and color. They do not move or reason. Aside from nearly invulnerable guardians, baaka are useless in any other capacity.

Draeden: A titanic cluster of 20 tubular strangs, symmetrically attached at a central node and fanning out at both ends. Usually they appear to their viewers as the most deadly and invulnerable being imaginable rather than in their true form. They usually avoid Immortals and their projects. They are descendants of beings from the time before immortals and still consider the multiverse to be their domain.

Dragon Ruler: Only appearing on the Material Plane in times of great need, these immortal beings are always attended by four most powerful dragons of their followers.

Elemaster: These are high ranking aides who directly serve the Full Hierarchs of the Sphere. They represent and rule all of the elementals of the multiverse.

Flicker: Composed entirely of light energy, it appears as a strand of multi-colored light that is 1/4th inch in diameter and lengthy (some about 100 feet). They can move very quickly.

Jumper: Intelligent life forms that feed on time. They appear very similar to marine brittle-starfish, with small bodies and slender arms extending in every direction.

Megalith: The largest known life forms in the multiverse. It may appear to be a planetary body.

Nightmare Creatures: Residents of the 5th dimension; they seem horrible and poisonous to mortals, and view mortals in the same way.

Nipper: dangerous pest that is similar to a tiny centipede. They swarm about looking for prey to lay their rapidly growing young within and thereby increase the size of their swarm.

Notion: Creatures of nearly pure thought, often completely undetectable. At rest they appear as a lacy network of strands of air, similar to a small and loosely woven net. They are a friendly and inquisitive race that means no harm to anyone. They can be persuaded to perform services for the return payment of high emotional states.

Proteans: Single-celled organisms of great power.

Repeater (Ditto): A six-legged reptilial Immortal life form whose body is covered with shimmering multi-colored scales. Their most feared an unusual ability is to force nearby creatures to repeat actions which they took in the past.

Soo: Watery time-beings that have no solid forms. They appear as small dark spheres. They are composed entirely of water and time. It has the unusual ability to produce potions from its essence. They are independent creatures, notorious liars, and generally uninterested in other life forms.

Tonals: These have physical forms similar to bubbles of light, which vary in size and color according to each tonal's status. Most are social creatures. They were created by Thalia, High Eternal of Energy.

Vortex Creatures: Creatures of a missing dimension or the great dimensional barrier, they are often associated with entropy.

Last edited:

Ferret

Explorer
Damn! I voted before reading and the Elemaster has nothing to do with elephants DANMIT!

Last edited:

Mortis

First Post
I can't really vote on this poll as I want to vote for all of them. :D

However, following some discussion on the Mystara conversions thread, I suppose it's got to be the draeden :D .... and the dragon rulers.... and the... megalith and the...

Regards,
Mortis

Remove ads