Which non-D&D fantasy RPG do you currently play?

aramis erak

Legend
Which non-D&D fantasy RPG do you currently play?

I currently play Fantasy AGE. Ten three-hour sessions so far. We like it.
Switched my sunday group to Mouse Guard after a near TPK which also killed Arthur, and put a PC on the throne of Logres, without Merlin having had the time to prep a renewed Blessing of Britain.

aramis erak

Legend
Yes. I don't know hard or easy it is to find it second-hand, or to use Cortex Prime plus online fan-written character specs.

But if you can find it, I think it's great. The play produces situations that feel like a comic.
Given the mechanics are decipherable enough given prime - all the options for MHR are covered in Prime - should be no trouble using the stats.
That’s a little too wink-wink nudge-nudge about piracy…

Last edited by a moderator:

My long-running Blades in the Dark game is just coming back from a catastrophic invasion of feral ghosts and Deathlands horrors after the lightning barriers protecting the Six Towers district collapsed. Our crew, the Nameless Vagabonds, an arcane group of Shadows, gathered allies from the Reconciled (a conspiracy of possessor ghosts) and Flint's vigilantes (a subsidiary gang fighting to destroy the spirit trafficking business) to make a stand at Flint's mansion in Six Towers. They opened jars of spirit essence to lure the ghosts and monsters to them, giving time for the local residents to flee. It was a brutal battle, with much of the district laid waste by rogue demons, many allies injured, and the Vagabonds' leader Zhao knocked out by taking too much Stress. The crew also got a lot of Heat, partly because their Whisper and her bonded demon had a lightning-throwing showdown with a giant skeletal snake, attracting the attention of some Imperial sorcerers.

In the aftermath, the crew relieved stress during Downtime and faced the fact that the Ministry of Preservation had now joined the Sparkwrights in declaring war against them. To be fair, with the city under lockdown even after the lightning barriers came back up, pretty much every faction was considered to be under siege and acting under wartime restrictions.

The crew's Leech, Irfan, learned from his contacts that Lord Minister Strangford had gone missing at around the same time of the lightning barrier collapse, leading to a power struggle within the Ministry. The Hound, Scotch, tried to convince her girlfriend Ruby to flee town if things got worse, but Ruby refused to abandon her friends and family. The Lurk, Happy Simon, reconnected with his Severosi roots at a Severosi temple and met an official working at the Severosi Embassy. The Whisper, Sacred Karen, helped her vice purveyor to escape Six Towers and struck a bargain with Lord Scurlock - one which will have consequences.

Two faction leaders approached the crew with a solution to the city's fuel woes. The Hive offered to provide smuggled fuel to the Vagabonds in exchange for a heist of the Iruvian Embassy, while Lady Ankhayat proposed a daring raid on the military fortress on Whitecrown to learn the location of the Navy's secret Offshore Reserve of fuel. Whichever way they go, they're bound to make even more powerful enemies...

Remove ads