Which non-Star Wars or non-Star Trek Sci-Fi RPG do you currently play?

Bluenose

Adventurer
Nothing currently, but used to play Traveller and MegaTraveller and have just ordered the Monsoon Traveller 2e core rule books, a campaign (Pirates of Drinax) and the Journals (of the Travellers Aid Society, a Traveller magazine), so I guess I’ll be running that soon enough.
One piece of advice from a Traveller GM, I wouldn't start with Pirates of Drinax, though it's a super campaign with a more experienced group. There's some neat adventures in the JTAS series and some of the individual adventures that make a much better introduction to the game. Of course if you've run/played Traveller before this doesn't apply so much.

Currently running a hard sci-fi campaign using Sarah Newton's excellent Mindjammer sourcebook for Fate sci-fi play.
Very different feel from the Bulldogs Fate-based sci-fi game I was in a few years ago, and from the Savage Worlds Flash Gordon game I ran a 24 session campaign over Discord.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
I am about to start an Alternity game in a setting of my own devise, a combination of Star Wars with Supernatural and DOOM, using (temporarily) Alternity's excellent aliens.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Nothing currently, but used to play Traveller and MegaTraveller and have just ordered the Monsoon Traveller 2e core rule books, a campaign (Pirates of Drinax) and the Journals (of the Travellers Aid Society, a Traveller magazine), so I guess I’ll be running that soon enough.
The Drinaxian Companion is an additional supplement for the campaign I found to be real useful.

harunmushod

Explorer
One piece of advice from a Traveller GM, I wouldn't start with Pirates of Drinax, though it's a super campaign with a more experienced group. There's some neat adventures in the JTAS series and some of the individual adventures that make a much better introduction to the game. Of course if you've run/played Traveller before this doesn't apply so much.
The whole group (bar one) used to play Megatraveller. That said, I intend to do as you suggest and start the campaign with a couple of smaller adventures before getting into Drinax, to loosen our atrophied Traveller muscles (last played in 2014).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases