D&D 5E Which of the big hardcover adventures have you run or played through?

Which 5E adventures have you run or played through?

• Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Votes: 23 35.9%
  • Rise of Tiamat

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Princes of the Apocalypse

• Out of the Abyss

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Curse of Strahd

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • Storm King's Thunder

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Tomb of Annihilation

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Dragon Heist

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Dungeon of the Mad Mage

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Descent into Avernus

• Rime of the Frostmaiden

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Wild Beyond the Witchlight

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Call of the Netherdeep

Votes: 4 6.3%

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Just Rise of Tiamat as a player. All the way to completion. Not too impressed with it.

pukunui

Legend
Of those on the list, I have DMed Hoard of the Dragon Queen + The Rise of Tiamat, Curse of Strahd, Storm King's Thunder, and Tomb of Annihilation. I have also used pieces of Princes of the Apocalypse and Out of the Abyss but I didn't tick those. I started Dragon Heist but gave up on it partway through.

I am currently DMing Dungeon of the Mad Mage and Tomb of Annihilation (for the second time).

As a player, I've played through Curse of Strahd, Storm King's Thunder, and Descent into Avernus (heavily modified but still recognizable).

TwiceBorn2

Adventurer
None yet. I intend to run Ghosts of Saltmarsh soon, and hope to one day run Curse of Strahd, Wild Beyond the Witchlight, and parts of Out of the Abyss and Princes of the Apocalypse (and maybe parts of Tomb of Annihilation and Storm King's Thunder, too... I really don't like the main plot behind the latter two).

Li Shenron

Legend
Only HotDQ.

I like the concept of many 5e adventures but I just have so many older editions adventures still to run that I decided to refrain from buying more.

Also, many 5e adventures are too long for my tastes.

I've run Rime of the Frostmaiden and am currently about one third of the way through Call of the Netherdeep. As a player, I've gone through Wild Beyond the Witchlight.

Reynard

Legend
In retrospect I don't think I should have included Dragon Heist. It's a full sized hardcover but the campaign is no more extensive than Phandelver.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
I've run Curse of Strahd twice to completion as a DM and would run it again.

I'm about 2 sessions away from completing Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden as a DM with one group, and about 1/3rd through it with another group. I'd run it again.

I have run Waterdeep: Dragon Heist to completion as a DM and would never run it again without serious financial compensation.

I am currently running Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage as a DM and players have just reached level 3 of the dungeon. We're enjoying it but it is hard for me to believe we will really finish the whole thing.

I have completed Tomb of Annihilation as a player and loved it. I think I would run it as a DM but it's certainly a ton of work.

I am currently on an actual play podcast of Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus and we are I think about 2/3rds through it.

I have cannibalized bits from Out of the Abyss and Storm King's Thunder for homebrew campaigns, but only a few sessions worth of stuff from each.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases